2019 Wageningen University Africa Scholarship Programme
The Africa Scholarship Programme (ASP) has been initiated by Wageningen University & Research to give talented and motivated students from Africa the opportunity to study at the university in Wageningen.
With this programme, Wageningen wants to support capacity building in Africa by attracting excellent students for a 2-years master’s programme.
What is the Wageningen University Scholarship Programme ?
- Number of scholarships: 5
- Citizenship: All African countries
- Application deadline: 1 February 2019
- Start master’s programme: 1 September 2019
- Eligibility for the scholarship: Excellent students with a GPA of 80 per cent or higher in a bachelor degree, and admitted to a Wageningen University MSc Programme.
Components of the scholarship:
- Travel to and from Wageningen
- Living allowance for 2 years
- Tuition fee
- Visa costs and costs for health insurance
- Budget to visit one seminar/conference in Europe
- Participation in the ‘Reach your full potential’ programme
How to Apply?
African students who want to start their study in September 2019 may be eligible for the scholarship. If you want to apply make sure to complete your MSc application before 1 February 2019.
Send the ASP application form and a reference letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The reference letter should preferably originate from an African University which has (had) a partnership with Wageningen University within the last three years. Please be sure that the contact details of the reference are included.
All the master’s applications and Africa Scholarship Programme applications will be assessed.
A selected group of candidates will be invited by e-mail on 4 March 2019, to make an additional and personalised assignment (deadline 20 March 2019). Only candidates who will be invited will receive an e-mail.
In the week of 8 to 12 April 2019, candidates can be interviewed (by skype).
On 22 or 23 April 2019, the result of the selection process will be communicated.
The possible results are:
- Positive and an ASP scholarship will be offered;
- Positive but the candidate will be placed on a waiting list;
- Negative, meaning that no ASP scholarship will be offered.