Apply for Deloitte Summer Internship Programme 2019.
An internship at Deloitte is a fantastic way to get up close to the world of business, find out what excites and inspires you, and where it could take you. As well as vital work experience, you’ll get a good idea of whether we’re the firm for you.
What is the Summer Internship Programme?
We are delighted to announce over 150 undergraduates opportunities for the Deloitte Summer Internship programme which runs from June to August each year in our Dublin, Belfast, Cork, Limerick and Galway offices.
Our structured Summer Intern Programmes provide a collaborative, open culture where you will have exposure to everything that goes in a global fast paced firm like Deloitte. You’ll enjoy a supportive environment where everyone is accessible and invested in your training and growth.
Joining Deloitte is your opportunity to become part of the worldwide leader in professional services and consulting, a global network of 263,900 people in 150 countries. In Ireland, Deloitte is a team of over 3,000 talented and driven individuals. Our firm is growing in the marketplace. We’re ambitious and committed to being a leader in the delivery of five world class business areas: Audit & Assurance, Tax, Risk Advisory, Corporate Finance, and Consulting.
We’re looking for similarly ambitious interns who are keen to keen to know what it is like to work in Professional Services and play an important role in our firm. There’s a reason why we were voted the Gradireland Graduate Employer of the Year 2018 – we offer challenging work and meaningful development opportunities. Above all, you’ll be challenged by the people on your team and the high quality clients we serve to make it a summer to remember.
What impact will you make?
What kind of work will I be doing?
You’ll spend six to twelve weeks, between June and August in one of our business units whilst getting a taste for what it’s really like to work in the largest professional services firm in the world.
Each of our Internships has a different focus, so your work will differ depending on the kind of role you choose. If it’s Audit & Assurance, for example, you’ll be working with a team that advises clients on their accounting systems and controls, ways to improve them and reduce risk. In Corporate Finance, its all about working in a team that advises clients on buying or selling a business for example. Whereas, in Technology, you’re more likely to be in a team designing new systems or developing IT strategy.
You can join one of seven internship programmes, each focused on a different kind of role.
- Audit & Assurance
- Corporate Finance
- Deloitte (Northern Ireland)
- Risk Advisory
- Technology Programmes
How long does the Summer Internship Programme last?
The actual length of your internship depends on the service line you join, but is usually between six to twelve weeks long between June and August each year.
- Audit & Assurance = 6 weeks
- Consulting = 12 weeks
- Financial Advisory = 12 weeks
- Risk Advisory = 12 weeks
- Technology = 12 weeks
- Tax Consulting = 12 weeks
What can I expect from a Summer Internship with Deloitte?
From the moment you join, you’ll be working in a team, valued for the unique contribution you make and the fresh ideas you bring. You will gain “hands on” project experience working with professional and experienced teams. You’ll be encouraged to think for yourself and use your initiative within your team delivering pioneering solutions for our clients. You will also develop the kind of rounded business skills that will serve you well regardless of where your future takes you. And you’ll get all the learning support you need to develop yourself both personally and professionally.
- Upon joining the firm: You will participate in a full induction programme and will be assigned a buddy that will help you navigate everything even the smallest things to help you settle into summer at Deloitte!
- Learning and Development: Our commitment to the professional development of our people is absolute. Focused on technical, client relationship and technology skills, and reinforced by on-the-job learning. In addition to ongoing learning in our world renowned Learning Academy you will have access to the following programmes:
- Insight Sessions: We think a summer internship is a great opportunity to meet a variety of people at Deloitte and get an insight into the work carried out within each of our business areas. Our student insight sessions take place each Friday throughout our internship programme, showcasing topics such as innovation in Audit & Assurance and advancements in Consulting Technology.
- Your Future your Focus: An interactive session where you have an opportunity to develop skills that will support you in college and in your future careers. As part of this session we cover topics such as your future career, interview & presentation preparation, team roles and team work.
- Skills for Life Sessions: A big hit last year amongst our interns was the introduction of the Skills for Life Programme. This programme gives an introduction to skills that enable us to succeed in all aspects of our life and includes everything from Branding yourself & your Professional Brand, Finance, Healthy Eating and participation in our world renowned Business Chemistry.
It’s a small step to a new network and a giant leap toward the future.
What will I learn?
We hope after your summer with us that you will come away with a selection of skills that will give you an amazing start to your career inluding:
- People skills including working in diverse teams and building relationships to help you succeed.
- Soft skills including presentation and communication skills, time management, business acumen, corporate and personal responsibility.
- Business writing skills to use for all types internal and external presentations and how to plan the research of a project.
- IT skills including all relevant software programmes.
Who can join the Summer Internship Programme?
We encourage students from all degrees and disciplines to apply to our Summer Internship programme. However, we do require you are on track for a 2.1 degree or higher.
Of course, you’ll need more than good grades to make the most of this internship opportunity. You’ll need to be a real team player with an open mind, eager to keep learning, fascinated by business, and can’t wait to get stuck in to complex projects, you’ll fit right in.
How to apply?
Deloitte is leading the way with innovation this year introducing a fast, efficient and effective online application and assessment process. The scenario-based undergraduate recruitment assessment presents graduates with situations they are likely to encounter at Deloitte and provides a robust understanding of what makes people successful at the firm.
- Step 1: Unsure about where you would like to complete your Summer Internship? Use our new ‘Find Your Fit’ tool to help you find which area suits you best.
- Step 2: Click ‘Apply Now’ to start your application on your chosen service line and complete your candidate profile. Applicants are asked to only submit oneaplpication, where you may select a second preference if you wish.
- Step 3: You will receive an email link to complete our online assessment (always check your spam folder for this link!). Answer the questions naturally as there is no right or wrong answer.
- Step 4: Once you have completed our online assessment, you will be asked to return to your application to tell us in less than 100 words why you want to join your preferred Deloitte service line and to upload your CV.
- Tip: Before you click submit on your final application, review your answers carefully! Applications cannot be edited once submitted.
- Step 5: Your interview: If you have been successful in your application, you will receive an email linking you to our online interview scheduling system to select an interview time that suits you best.
- Step 6: Offer: If we like you at interview – and you like us – we’ll offer you a job!
- Best of Luck!
Applications close 8 February 2019.