Advance your career with AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification. The AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate examination is intended for individuals who perform a solutions architect role and have one or more years of hands-on experience designing available, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed systems on AWS.
Salary for AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate: According to Payscale, the average salary for AWS (Amazon Web Services) Certified Solutions Architect – Associate is $112,761 in the United States.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (SAA-C02) certification validates an examinee’s ability to effectively demonstrate knowledge of how to architect and deploy secure and robust applications on AWS technologies.
It validates an examinee’s ability to:
- Effectively demonstrate knowledge of how to architect and deploy secure and robust applications on AWS technologies
- Define a solution using architectural design principles based on customer requirements
- Provide implementation guidance based on best practices to the organization throughout the life cycle of the project
Recommended Knowledge and Experience
- Hands-on experience using compute, networking, storage, and database AWS services
- Hands-on experience with AWS deployment and management services
- Ability to identify and define technical requirements for an AWS-based application
- Ability to identify which AWS services meet a given technical requirement
- Knowledge of recommended best practices for building secure and reliable applications on the AWS platform
- An understanding of the basic architectural principles of building on the AWS Cloud
- An understanding of the AWS global infrastructure
- An understanding of network technologies as they relate to AWS
- An understanding of security features and tools that AWS provides and how they relate to traditional services
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam content
There are two types of questions on the examination:
- Multiple choice: Has one correct response and three incorrect responses (distractors).
- Multiple response: Has two correct responses out of five response options.
Select one or more responses that best complete the statement or answer the question. Distractors, or incorrect answers, are response options that an examinee with incomplete knowledge or skill would likely choose. However, they are generally plausible responses that fit in the content area defined by the test objective.
Unanswered questions are scored as incorrect; there is no penalty for guessing. Unscored Content Your examination may include unscored items that are placed on the test to gather statistical information. These items are not identified on the form and do not affect your score.
Domain 1: Design Resilient Architectures
- Design a multi-tier architecture solution
- Design highly available and/or fault-tolerant architectures
- Design decoupling mechanisms using AWS services
- Choose appropriate resilient storage
Domain 2: Design High-Performing Architectures
- Identify elastic and scalable compute solutions for a workload
- Select high-performing and scalable storage solutions for a workload
- Select high-performing networking solutions for a workload
- Choose high-performing database solutions for a workload
Domain 3: Design Secure Applications and Architectures
- Design secure access to AWS resources
- Design secure application tiers
- Select appropriate data security options
Domain 4: Design Cost-Optimized Architectures
- Identify cost-effective storage solutions
- Identify cost-effective compute and database services
- Design cost-optimized network architectures
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam details
- Format: Multiple choice, multiple answer
- Type: Associate
- Delivery Method: Testing center or online proctored exam
- Time: 130 minutes to complete the exam
- Cost: 150 USD (Practice exam: 20 USD)
- Language: Available in English, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese
You might also like