Barry Callebaut is hiring an Agro Economist Trainer for Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
About Barry Callebaut
At Barry Callebaut, we are on a journey to transform the cocoa and chocolate industry. As the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products, our actions truly shape the future of our industry. We are a business-to-business company, serving the entire food sector, from the cocoa bean to the finest chocolate product. We are a company with a purpose, we believe in doing well by doing good and reinvesting in the communities we operate. Barry Callebaut has a long-standing commitment to sustainability and our goal is to shape a sustainable cocoa and chocolate future. We are headquartered in Zurich, and have more than 11,000 passionate Employees working in more than 35 countries worldwide. We are very proud of who we are and what we do. And of course, we are always looking for talented people to help us have a positive impact on our industry and beyond!
Barry Callebaut is the heart and engine of the cocoa and chocolate industry. We are looking for [[Agro Economist trainer]] in [[Côte d’Ivoire]] for [[Zone 4]]. Our broad range of products and services span all aspects from cocoa sourcing to fine chocolate products, which are loved by people of all ages worldwide. We are passionate about our business and work hard every day to ensure that there is enough chocolate in the world. Nothing is more important to our success than the combined expertise of more than 9000 Barry Callebaut employees around the world. Our international focus in the fascinating world of cocoa-growing and chocolate are the colorful backdrop for our many functions across a wide range of disciplines. In addition to sharing a passion for chocolate, Barry Callebaut employees live our other corporate values every day – customer focus, entrepreneurship, integrity and team spirit.
Your duties and key responsibilities at Barry Callebaut
- Assess training needs in agronomy and farming as a business for Barry Callebaut staff and farmer’s organizations staff.
- Develop training tools such as manuals, handbooks, posters, skills assessment…,
- Design, develop and organize trainings on agro-economy topics that meet the specific training needs of the audience
- Facilitate training through a variety of methods including classroom instruction, Farmer Field School, outdoor training.
- Coordinate trainings to be performed by field agents (Group Administrators, Branch Managers, Assistants Branch Manager, Farmer Trainers, Lead farmers, Village Coordinators…)
- Organize refresher trainings for agents.
- Draft minutes, reports, and other summary documents on trainings
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training records.
- Follow up if training has been conducted after by the trainee and led to the actions needed.
About the Agro Economist Trainer
- University degree (Bac+4 ; Bac+5) in agro-economy.
- Proven experience in adult training
- Ability to analyze, summarize, organizational skills,
- Ability to work independently and multiple activities concurrently
- Good knowledge of cocoa sector and proven experience farm development plans.
- Ability to work under pressure, be reactive
- Computer literate with independent use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in French
- Good verbal and writing in English
- Can drive and is available to move frequently inside Ivory Coast.
Our strength comes from the passion and expertise of our people. As we strive to create an environment in which our people can continue to learn and develop their skills on an ongoing basis, it is our goal to encourage entrepreneurship and creativity. Apply for one of our interesting positions today and start a great career in the world of cocoa and chocolate.
[su_button url= »https://jobs.barry-callebaut.com/job/Abidjan-%28Vridi%29-%28CIVR%29-Agro-Economist-trainer/458885000/?locale=en_US&applySourceOverride=Glassdoor »]Postuler[/su_button]