Chemonics seeks multiple technical experts for the five-year USAID/Feed the Future Value Chain Services Activity in Senegal. The activity will establish and manage a flexible mechanism that will provide technical assistance, training, material, and other resources to improve food security through strengthened agricultural production and market systems, the professionalization of key agriculture value chains, and rational management of natural resources. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
We are looking for technical experts in the following areas:
- Agronomy (horticulture and cereals)
- Value chains and small and medium enterprises
- Post-harvest solutions
- Agricultural inputs
- Animal production
- Animal health
- Agricultural finance
- Gender and agriculture
- Rural development and capacity building
- At least a bachelor’s degree or license in a relevant field
- Five years of professional experience of increasing responsibility
- Experience working with USAID and other project donors preferred
- Experience working with the government of Senegal, international donors, or local organizations preferred
- Demonstrated management/supervisory experience (for certain positions)
- In-depth knowledge of Senegal’s regulatory and policy environment based on previous experience working in the public or private sector or in an NGO
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in French required; fluency in English preferred
Please send your CV, cover letter, and three references to https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/af51c23af906400abfb5902549e6b14c no later than January 23, 2020. Early submissions are encouraged. No telephone inquiries, please.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. The EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice is available at: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.