Interested in learning English? This free online course from the University of Pennsylvania is the best place to start. Start learning and advance your career!
English for Career Development course description
This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in advancing their careers in the global marketplace. In this course, you will learn about the job search, application, and interview process in the United States, while comparing and contrasting the same process in your home country. This course will also give you the opportunity to explore your global career path, while building your vocabulary and improving your language skills to achieve your professional goals.
The first unit in this course will introduce the U.S. job application process and provide strategies for identifying the jobs that match your interests and skills. Unit 2 will take you through the steps necessary to produce a professional-looking resume. In unit 3, you will work to develop a clear and concise cover letter. The final unit of the course focuses on networking and interview skills.
Anyone may take this course for free. If you want to get a Coursera Verified Certificate for free, please fill out the Financial Aid form.
In this course, you’ll learn:
- Entering the job market: learn about the steps in the job search process.
- Resumes: learn how to describe yourself and your experiences in a résumé. The unit will also help you build your job-related vocabulary.
- Writing a cover letter: This unit focuses on another important document for job-seekers: the cover letter. You will learn how to write a clear cover letter that tells employers why you are the right person for the job.
- Networking: This unit will teach job-seekers language for meeting new people, making small talk, and describing.
- Interviewing for a job: This unit is about the question-and-answer process of job interviews, and will help prepare learners to present themselves well in interviews.
- Institution: University of Pennsylvania
- Course type: Free online course
- Level: Beginner
- Language: English
- Duration: 5 weeks, self-paced
- Certificate: Verified certificate of completion
- Provider: Coursera
You may also like: Land your next job – Free course with Google