IMVF is hiring an Administrative and Logistics Officer – Gambia
Duties and responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant tasks and responsibilities include:
- Support the programming, implementation and follow-up of project activities;
- Accompany the project team in certain activities according to the needs identified, including missions in the regions of project implementation;
- Support the elaboration of budgets and procurement procedures, as well as the whole process of contracting and managing human resources of the project.
- Assist project’s Accountant in the:
- Management of consumables’ stocks;
- Update of project’s material goods and equipment inventory;
- Compilation and organization of supporting documents;
- Assignment of rubrics in the project invoices according to project’s budget, update of the cash flow and preparation of the monthly financial report to be sent to the IMVF headquarters in Lisbon
General administrative and office maintenance duties:
- Ensure that office cleaning and other activities of non-specialized personnel are properly performed by the employees, ensuring the good functioning of the office in Banjul and its equipment and materials.
- General maintenance tasks of the office and its equipment;
- Proper archive of project correspondence and documentation;
- Organisation of project’s meetings and appointments;
- Management of office goods;
- Management of project’s fixed assets – registration of entries and exits;
- Gathering of up-to-date information on the maintenance and usage of the project’s vehicles;
- Registration of entries, exits, field missions, vacations and casualties of office staff;
- Confirmation of flight bookings and visa issues;
- Deal with all matters related to customs clearance of cargo at the port or airport of Banjul;
- Reception of phone calls, people and documents;
- Management of in-coming and out-going correspondence;
- Photocopies and bindings.
- Ensures the regular and safe flow of documentation from the regional to the Banjul office;
- Ensures the support to the regional office operational team;
- Support the implementation of other activities of IMVF whenever necessary.
Other tasks might be assigned according to the evolution of project activities and demonstrated capabilities.
Profile of the candidate
- Completed secondary education and/or professional training in accounting and/or administration.
Professional experience and skills:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar functions;
- Experience working in an NGO will be a plus;
- Languages: Fluency in English (conversation, reading and writing). Good conversation skills in two local languages will be a plus.
- Proactivity and sense of responsibility in the accomplishment of tasks;
- Strong ability to work as a team and in intercultural environments;
- Persistent in contexts of pressure;
- Ability to critically analyse problems and propose solid solutions;
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office from the point of view of the user; Internet;
- Available for overnight-stays in the context of project missions to the regions of project implementation.
Expressions of interest should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, including Curriculum Vitae and identification of a person to contact for recommendation/reference (1 hierarchically superior person in similar functions). The subject of the email should be: Administrative Officer | The Gambia.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline : 2018-11-23