International Rescue Committee is hiring a Grants Coordinator for Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
- Requisition ID: req5835
- Job Title: Grants Coordinator
- Sector: Grants
- Employment Category: Fixed Term
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: Yes
- Location: Abidjan,Cote d’Ivoire
About the International Rescue Committee
Côte d’Ivoire’s civil conflict between 2003 and 2011 was characterized by periods of intense violence followed by relative calm. Initially brought about by the collapse of prices in the vital cocoa industry, the conflict was fuelled by issues of national identity, ethnic allegiance, and land ownership. This resulted in the internal displacement of hundreds of thousands of people (IDPs), profound social disintegration, and the decay of basic community infrastructure such as health centers, water points, and schools.
IRC had a brief presence in south-west Côte d’Ivoire in the late 1990s to respond to the needs of Liberian refugees. It then re-opened its office in Abidjan in 2003 to respond to the humanitarian needs of IDPs brought about by the civil conflict, as well as to address a new wave of Liberian refugees. Currently, IRC conducts programming in the field sites of Man, Korhogo and Yamoussoukro, as well as in its Abidjan HQ office in the following Sectors: Gender Based Violence, Health, Child & Youth Protection & Development, Economic Recovery and Development, reaching approximately 2 million beneficiaries.
The goal of IRC Côte d’Ivoire is to consolidate its post conflict development program through increased partnerships and advocacy aiming to achieve quality, impact and sustainability.
Scope of work
- The Grants Coordinator works under the direction of the Deputy Director – Programs and is responsible for ensuring grants compliance with donor regulations and coordinates the submission of timely and accurate financial and narrative donor reports.
- The compilation of internal reports, designing and editing of IRC program literature, other public information materials, including orientation materials, and special reports on IRC’s activities.
- Supporting the Deputy Director efforts in designing, writing, editing new proposals in coordination with the sector and field coordinators, as well as other documents that will be presented externally.
- Liaising with the Regional Unit and relevant Technical Units for the revision of reports and proposals, as well as to ensure adherence to IRC internal procedures.
This position is based in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire, and reports to the Deputy Director – Programs and will require frequent travel to field offices.
- Ensure that all IRC grants are implemented in compliance with the relevant donor regulations.
- Compile and edit narrative donor reports and liaise with the Finance Department to ensure that both narrative and finance reports are accurately submitted and on time.
- Coordinate proposal preparation process, and assist in editing and reviewing of proposals.
- Oversee sub-grant management in close collaboration with the Finance Department.
- Oversee the planning and running of BvA meetings.
- Update the reporting and proposals sheets of the country’s monthly financial monitoring document.
- Work with finance to review new budgets, and where necessary develop budget realignments.
- Keep grants files up to date physically and electronically.
- Provide support to the field by coordinating grant opening and closing meetings, disseminating grants/proposal documents, and responding to information requests from the field and from other partners.
- Assist with program monitoring and evaluation and compiling achievements and lessons learned.
- Write or review donor communications such as responding to requests for information and assist with donor visits.
- Oversee all internal and external communication and visibility strategies, including information and communication materials such as the annual report, agenda, internal and external newsletters, and general and sectoral factsheets.
- Take and compile minutes of senior management meetings.
- Assist with preparations for audits.
- Conduct trainings for field staff as needed on grants management and compliance, reporting, filing, communication and visibility.
- Perform other duties as required by the Country Director and Deputy Director of Programs.
Qualifications of the Grants Coordinator
- Education: University degree in a relevant subject.
- Experience: Previous experience working with international non-governmental organizations in the area of program development and/or management; prior experience working with CDC, USAID, WB, and EU donors an advantage.
- Experience of working in Africa, and West Africa experience is an advantage.
- Skills and Abilities: Strong proposal writing and budgeting skills, IT proficiency, excellent communication and writing skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team setting, ability and willingness to travel to remote areas, and ability to prioritize high volumes of work to meet tight deadlines.
- Fluent in English, Proficient in French.
Reports to: Deputy Director – Programs
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.