INTERSOS is hiring a Country Finance Coordinator – Nigeria.
Your main responsibilities and tasks at INTERSOS :
- The Country Finance Coordinator is responsible for the proper technical performance of all accounting-financial activities of the mission and its projects.
- The Country Finance Officer ensures the correct and effective management of financial resources, in accordance with the Organization procedures, and is responsible to:
- Ensure compliance with INTERSOS and donors’ procedures.
- Manage country and project accounting and coordinate administrative personnel.
- Assume responsibility for cash account administration, ensuring conformity to existing procedures; shortages or thefts must be reported, bearing the joint signature of both the Country Finance Officer and the Head of Mission
- Update the economic and financial status of the mission and related-projects, in terms of expenses, appropriations, available cash and liquidity (Prima Nota)
- Carry out a monthly update of the Global Management of the mission under the coordination of the Regional Finance Officer
- Provide support to the Head of Mission in drafting new projects
- Check Bank accounts of the mission and provide the Regional Finance Officer with monthly Bank Statements and Bank reconciliations
- Check the interim and final financial reports and submit them to the Project Manager and Head of Mission for approval (with the support of the Regional Finance Officer)
- Assume responsibility for local personnel register
- Ensure the proper execution of goods, works and services procurement processes and their conformity to INTERSOS and donors’ procedures
- Be responsible for mission administrative-accounting documents and all finished project Documentation (with the support and overall responsibility of the Regional Finance Officer)
Required profile and experience
Advanced university degree from a recognized academic institution in one or more of the following areas is preferable: Finance Management, Business Administration, Management, International Economics, International Development, Contract/Commercial Law.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience at national and international level, working as admin-finance officer also in humanitarian field locations
- Proven experience with different donor finance compliance and reporting (e.g.: ECHO, OFDA, UNHCR, UNICEF)
- Good computer skills, especially MS Office / Excel
- Competencies in HR Management and team-work
- Fluency in English is required. French is an asset. Knowledge of Italian and/or Arabic is desirable.
- Ability to live in insecure contexts with basic living conditions.
How to apply
You can apply by sending your CV, motivation letter and 2 references via email to email@example.com , with subject line: « SR-49-796 – Country Finance Coordinator – Nigeria ».
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Terms of reference
- Job Title: Country Finance Coordinator
- Code: SR-49-796
- Duty station: Nigeria
- Starting date: 15/12/2018
- Contract duration: 1 year (renewable)
- Reporting to: Head of Mission and Regional Finance Officer
- Supervision of: //
- Dependents: //
- Closing date: 13 Dec 2018