Interested in learning Java Programming for free? This top rated course from the University of Helsinki is for you. Earn free university credits or a verified certificate!
University of Helsinki’s Java Programming course description
During this course, you will learn the basics of computer programming, along with algorithms and object-oriented programming through the Java programming language. The course includes comprehensive materials and plenty of programming exercises – all of which are tested using our automatic testing service Test My Code.
Unlike many programming courses found online, ours is completely unabridged; the course’s scope and material are identical to our CS1 Introduction to Programming and Advanced Programming courses.
This is the first course in our computer science learning track, and we use industry-grade tooling from day one. As such, the course is about programming in a real integrated development environment (IDE) instead of a browser or an educational IDE.
The course is split up into two individual courses: Java Programming I and Java Programming II. Each course consists of seven parts, each with its own exercise set. Completing a single part takes approximately 5-20 hours, and we recommend reserving at least 10 hours per part, depending on prior skills with computers.
- Institution: University of Helsinki
- Course type: Free online course
- Level: Beginner
- Language: English
- Certificate: Free certificate available
- Provider: MOOC.fi
- Target audience: Anyone interested in learning to program in Java
- Requirement: Anyone can join – no previous programming knowledge is required.
You may also like:
- IBM’s Python for Data Science course
- Android Developer Fundamentals (Java) free course (Google)
- Introduction to SQL – University of Michigan