Jumia is hiring Commercial managers/developers – (Open-Ended) – Senegal/ Ivory Coast
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
By joining the commercial team, you will join Jumia’s engine of growth and be accountable for a category/categories of products (Electronic Goods, Fashion, FMCG), vendor relationships, commercial planning etc…Your role is to provide the widest and the most relevant possible range offers for our customers, from the very essence of commercial, to operations or even co-organization of Jumia key commercial events. These positions offer the most growth to the pool of talent. We expect best performers to be the next wave of CCOs, MDs, Category Directors across the group.Areas of responsibility may include:
- Delivering growth on your PnL, leveraging on the power of the marketplace, bringing orientations, feedback and support to the commercial team.
- Leading the commercial plan, taking an active part in the definition and execution of Jumias commercial strategy
- Ensuring Jumia always has for the customer, the right products at the best price, at the right place.
- Being within our teams, an early adopter, a leading ambassador and a relentless missionary of Jumia’s strategic commercial orientation.
- Managing and getting the best out of your team
- Understanding all your markets, vendors and customers, bringing valuable insights and convictions to support your data driven commercial recommendations.
- Building analysis, flying high and diving deep, to ensure smart reporting on the performance across all categories, leading to action oriented recommendations.
- Working seamlessly with all departments (Commercial, Marketing, Onsite, Operations…), enabling decision making, problem solving and ensuring laser focus execution.
- Leading massive and complex commercial operations and project management initiatives, coordinating effectively cross functions initiatives.
- Constantly working toward improving and simplifying our tools, process
A successful candidate will fulfil the following requirements
- Strong commercial and analytical skills
- Great capacity to handle high stake negotiations
- Structured and organized
- Good with tools (excel & PPT, Salesforce.com would be a plus)
- Resistant to stress
- Great ability to work in a fast paced and competitive environment
- Flawless English communication
Overall, we expect a true leader.
Expected background and technical skills
- Top Engineering, Business Schools & Universities (top 5 of your field for your country)
- Proficiency in MS Office and google tools
- Familiar with relationship management tools
[button color= »blue » size= »medium » link= »https://africainternetgroup.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=a1feb925-1c24-4511-8320-155fd54b9f5d » icon= » » target= »true »]Postuler[/button]