Do you want to learn to develop apps with Java? This free online course from Microsoft is the best place to start. Get started on the path to becoming a software engineer by learning core coding skills in Java–one of the most popular programming languages.
Microsoft’s Java course description
Ready to start your programming journey? Being a software engineer is much more than simply writing code–it requires a strong conceptual understanding of computer science. In this course, which was developed through a combination of academic and industry perspectives, learn not only how to code in Java but also how to break down problems and implement their solutions using some of the most fundamental computer science tools.
Get plenty of hands-on Java coding experience with methods, logic, loops, variables, parameters, returns, and recursion. And write your code using industry-standard tools and practices to help you build strong habits as you grow your development skill set.
Whether you are preparing for advanced university computer science courses, an entry-level software engineering position, or the Advanced Placement Computer Science A exam, get the tools you need to succeed in this practical, self-paced Java course.
*Note: *This course will retire at the end of October. Please enroll only if you are able to finish your coursework in time.
In this free Java course, you’ll learn
- Basic Java commands and APIs using industry tools
- Foundational data organization and manipulation
- Code control structures, such as loops and if/else statements
- How to structure code using methods, parameters, and returns
- Institution: Microsoft
- Level : Beginner
- Language: English
- Duration: 4 weeks, self-paced
- Prerequisite skills: None
- Certificate: Verified certificate (paid)
- Provider: edX
You might also like
- CS50: Introduction to Computer Science – Harvard
- Java Programming – University of Helsinki
- Programming for Everybody – University of Michigan