Maersk is seeking a Equipment Coordinator – Nigeria.
Maersk Line are looking to hire an engaged and conscientious Equipment Coordinator who will be responsible to ensure optimal equipment utilisation in line with empty flow plan to ensure we are providing the most reliable and efficient service to our customers at the lowest possible cost, covering the forecasted equipment needs. Implements the global equipment strategy. Develop and implement a strategy to create sustainable unit cost savings.
- Manage inland empty equipment positioning, using PLP input constraint management.
- Deliver stocks and inventory control at inland locations/ports that meet approved forecast export bookings.
- Daily stock monitoring per depot / port to ensure stock progression meets PLP suggestion and TSL.
- Ensure supply / evacuation planning to/from inland pools/ports correctly and timely.
- Establish most cost effective alternative flow planning in case of equipment shortages in line with PLP.
- Manage and develop relationships with relevant internal external stakeholders within geographical scope through the fostering of close interaction.
- Initiate and drive E2E equipment related cost saving initiatives, including but not limited to equipment storage, flow execution and EQU upgrades within area of responsibility.
- Increase the available global fleet, by reducing long standing and equipment dwell times.
- Own/Drive Reconciliation of stock levels between Depot (Actual) and RKEM/ROCK.
- Update and maintain systems relevant to position duties including, but not limited to, EDI links with depots. F1 error clearance.
- RKEMF1 EDI / TRACKING 1.GSC 2.LOC support
- Work with EMR to ensure damaged units are repaired and put back into fleet asap.
- Co-ordinate with Delivery/intermodal to ensure container movement orders are executed as per instruction.
- Performs other position related duties as specified by LOC management/Team Leaders.
- Promote triangulation where possible and cost effective. This should be a joint effort between procurement-delivery- equipment-product but the actual updates and equipment approval lies with equipment
- Drive improvement in Forecast accuracy with commercial and AA
- Maintain CODS for empty drop off and collection steering
- Damaged Container recovery/management
- Seals Management.
- PO management
- Touch point for Container Sales.
- Damaged Container recovery/management under equipment – physical retrieval of equipment
We are looking for
- 3 years of in liner operations, capacity or yield management experience (Shipping industry).
- Understand the Operational business processes across the Cluster scope.
- At least basic knowledge of Operational concepts internally and externally.
- General understanding of Maersk global and local systems.
- Excellent numerical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong process oriented approach to work and excellent attention to detail.
- Resilient team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent Written and Verbal skills with people at all levels across the organisation in English.
We offer a position in a challenging and ever-changing environment in which you will sharpen your industry knowledge as well as your communication skills and techniques relevant to Operations.
Last application date: 6 December 2018.