Maersk Nigeria is seeking a Customer Service Agent.
Maersk Nigeria is looking to hire a dynamic Customer Service Agent to join our team in Lagos. Reporting to the Ocean Customer Service Manager, He/she will be responsible for owning/managing the customer experience of his/her customers by proactively identifying issues & building relationships to the mutual benefit of the customer and Maersk
Your key responsibilities at Maersk
- Be the primary point of contact for own customers and act as an advocate for the Customers, internally within Maersk.
- Actively build strong relationships with customers and gain an understanding of their business, service needs, drivers and desires.
- Ensure smooth execution of the end-to-end shipment lifecycle, by working closely with the customer as well as internal stakeholders.
- Proactively track shipments and notify customers of relevant deviations from the transport plan, including potential solutions or alternatives.
- Together with One teams, own customer issues and engage relevant stakeholders as required to facilitate timely and effective solutions.
- Manage / improve day to day process interaction with own customers by leveraging detailed customer knowledge.
- Be fully responsible for customer satisfaction across Maersk product offering (own customers). • Willingness to go the extra mile towards the customers & with focus on providing solutions.
- In general, actively seek out and act on continuous improvement opportunities both in relation to customers and internal / external stakeholder
- Minimum BSc or Masters Degree /MBA in Marketing, Sales or Business related course
- Minimum 2 years customer service or sales experience.
- Experience in shipping/logistics industry will be preferred but not compulsory. Must be willing to learning fast
- Proficient use (above average skill) in the use of Microsoft office tools i.e. excel, word and power point etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Passion for Customer Service.
- Pro-active person with a service oriented mindset.
- Dedicated, Decisive and result orientated with a can-do attitude.
- Likes to get it right the first time and can look ahead to avoid issues from happening.
- Able to work under pressure while keeping quality in focus.
- Comfortable with Change Management and capable of delivering high quality before, during and after transformation.
- Good process understanding and digital proficiency.
- Comfortable with working with multiple items at the same time whilst keeping quality in focus.
- Well organized, efficient and effective.
- An excellent team player.
- Good moral compass and ability to work the Company’s values.
- Fluent in English (written and oral)
At Maersk, you’ll be part of a global team motivated by bringing food and commodities to people in every corner of the world. We do this through close partnerships with our valued customers, who trade everything from seafood and fruits, to clothes, electronics and cars! No matter our role in the Region our end goal is to simplify the lives of our customers. This is done through seamless processes, best in class digital solutions, and great customer service! So, we offer:
- Results orientation
- Improved commercial and leadership capabilities
- Interaction within broader Area for best practice sharing
- Creating network within the global organization
- Understand market and customer drivers
- Improve understanding of how best to generate profit for Maersk
Moreover, you will expand your customer network and enrich your market and product knowledge while enhancing the Maersk’s leadership position and contributing to the continuous success of the Maersk Nigeria organization
How to apply
Please, click here to send us your application
Last application date: 24/12/2018.