Maersk South Africa is hiring a Sales Representative
We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic individual to join our Sales Commodities Team in Durban.
In this role, you will be expected to deliver the agreed business targets through focused sales activity. Maintain a strong and up-to-date pipeline for existing and new business, sell the value of the Safmarine brand and work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure we sell what we can deliver and drive for outcomes and results.
You and your experience partner work hand in glove to ensure that your assigned account base receives a differentiated experience resulting increase share of wallet.
A chance to develop further within Sales. An opportunity to grow our renowned SCL brand in this dynamic and exciting market.
Whilst having a reasonable size of a portfolio of clients, a challenge to grow your clientele further as you add new acquisitions, in line with our targeted segments. The portfolio is a combination of Field and Office engagement; this position is a predominantly Office engagement.
You will be expected to:
- Deliver agreed volume, revenue and profitability targets in line with Cluster commercial strategy and sales processes
- Meet the minimum Customer Sales calls per week (in line with internal requirements) as well as fulfilling the internal requirements of updating Salesforce (Customer Relationship management tool) with the pre-scribed information after each call. (Persuasive selling model should be used in Sales calls and confirmation letter sent after each call).
- Align your behaviours with core values and Safmarine guiding principles.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities in line with Safmarine segmentation strategy and targets
- Provide feedback to Trade & Marketing on any product or commercial opportunities or constraints
- Address any Customer experience service follow-up with clients in a timely manner
- Work with customers and internal stakeholders to on-board new customers and/or business
- Understand Customer needs and decision makers, define customer value proposition in accordance with its specific segmentation/marketplace
- Step in to support other functions to improve business processes e.g. consistent failure to pay within credit terms
- Manage SCOPE team to ensure that rates are contracting are being maintained
We are looking for
- 2-3 years of Commercial experience (Customer Service/Sales)
- Customer Focus
- Priority Setting
- Time management skills
- Presentation skills
- Excellent Computer Literacy
- Good admin skills
- Negotiation skills
- Interpersonal savvy
- Drive for results
- Integrity and Trust
- Teamwork and Pro-activeness
How to apply
Please, click here to apply.
Last application date: 25/11/2018