Management Systems International is hiring a Short-term Monitoring Specialist – Nigeria (Nigeria Monitoring Project).
The purpose of the Nigeria Monitoring Project (NMP) is to establish a third-party monitoring system to monitor, verify, and analyze trends on humanitarian programs in Nigeria funded by USAID’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) and the Office of Food for Peace (FFP). The program will create an independent and verifiable monitoring mechanism for OFDA and FFP programs in Nigeria that will increase OFDA, FFP, and their partners’ understanding of the outputs, outcomes, processes, progress, quality, challenges, achievements, and lessons learned of their projects.
The short-term Monitoring Specialist will provide technical advice and guidance to the NMP technical team. Specifically, the Monitoring Specialist will support the drafting and revision of data collection instruments for third-party monitoring of implementing partners in northeastern Nigeria. The position reports directly to the Technical Director on technical matters and the MSI Project Management team on all contractual and administrative matters.
- Support the drafting and revision of data collection instruments.
- Support the preparation for pilot of third-party monitoring in northern Nigeria.
- Undergraduate degree in economics, political science, international development, social sciences, statistics or related fields is required. Master’s degree or equivalent is desired.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional-level experience in monitoring and evaluation of donor-funded projects (e.g. USAID, DFID, etc.) or related sector program management, and technical/monitoring and evaluation skills are required.
- Expertise in qualitative research design, data collection, and analysis.
- Experience in strategic planning, design and application of methods and strategies to produce, analyze and use data, and share/communicate information.
- Strong oral and written proficiency in English are required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.