Michael Page Africa is hiring a General Manager in Cap-Oriental, South Africa.
Our Client is an affiliate of an internationally recognised specialist in agricultural production & transportation. Currently in South Africa they employ over 500 staff with exciting changes occurring within the business. With operations in the Eastern Cape of South Africa, our Client provides a variety of services & products across milling, baking & consumer goods.
Our Client adheres to global safety & quality standards and has, over the past 20 years, established themselves as a leading provider within the FMCG environment.
- Operational/Business/Engineering tertiary qualification
- 10+ years’ experience in the manufacturing environment
- Strong change management experience
- Strong financial acumen with proven track record of business end-to-end management
As General Manager, the successful incumbent will be responsible for:
- End-to-end operations management including, but not limited to, full business P&L management, CAPEX & OPEX management
- Plant staff management, including change management as/when required
- Solve operational problems, technical queries & business risk management
- Manage a large staff compliment of 250 +
- Manage the senior leadership on site including, but not limited to: Engineering Department, Quality, Health & Safety, Warehousing, Supply Chain & Production
- Engage with high level individuals within customers and/or clients
- Enforce rules and regulations within the business
- Increase output with a strong focus on driving operational efficiency improvements, productivity across the site & ultimately, profitability
The successful candidate will have strong academic qualifications and experience in managing people and overall business operational requirements. He/She must be an open and clear communicator, being able to operate at a high level in a fast paced environment. He/She must be capable of engaging with high level stakeholders and represent the company in a professional manner.
This person will be experienced in change-over situations and capable of leading people through changing times.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of at least 10 years plus within manufacturing. He/She will specifically have spent significant time in a general management function & will have previously driven profitability improvements across all value chains within a food processing and/or a manufacturing environment.
This is an opportunity to join a locally established business with global affiliations and operations. A highly competitive remuneration package with associated/industry related benefits are on offer for the right individual as well as an opportunity to make a mark within our Clients global parent.
- Contact : Jaco Bester
- Indiquer la référence de l’offre : 17900
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.