Nestlé Abidjan recruits a Senior Agronomy and Plant Sciences Manager.
Joining Nestlé means you‘re joining the largest food and beverage company in the world, a human driven workplace. You are also committing daily to live up “Fuel Growth, Enhance Quality of Life and Contribute to a Healthier Future through Business Relevant Innovation”, as you will be part of the Nestlé Research & Development Community.
In your new role, you will:
- Drive and coordinate the agronomic and plant sciences research to enable the use of local raw materials
- Provide and monitor farms technical assistance to improve productivity and quality within sustainable agriculture programs, involving and engaging all relevant stakeholders.
- Support Nestlé Businesses for local sourcing & supplier for local raw material development.
As our group manager:
- You will lead and develop a team of specialists, project managers and experts, and will be reporting to the Abidjan R&D Centre Head
- You will be located in Yamoussoukro at Zambakro Experimental Farm
- You will be travelling to Abidjan for reporting on a regular basis, or when necessary
- You will contribute to the development and implementation of innovative and competitive agronomy and plant sciences related solutions, in order to meet Markets / Business needs, and in accordance with Global, Zone and Market Business Plans.
- Manage Projects and related activities – Project definition & strategies, monitoring and assessment
- Deliver results in line with Nestlé Purpose and Value – Deliver on time and in full, on budget is must, integrating delivery to operations smoothly and ensure creating shared value
- Being able to engage team and stakeholders for results delivery – setting priorities providing resources – managing for results
- Support Team Performance and Development – Ensure Team’s deliveries by proactively providing coaching and identifying key developmental resources, actions to happen and also thus empowering the team
- Being a key point as to define all agricultural projects and related operational strategies in supporting the Businesses
- Ensure the management of projects portfolio in accordance to Nestlé purpose and values: on time and in full delivery, within budget and smooth integration of added value solutions to operations
- Plan, organize and lead groups to achieve results
- Regularly engage with the team, transparent conversations related to development, coaching, empowerment to enable performance management and support Team performance
- Leverage on networking and partnership to drive innovation
- Cross fertilize knowledge and expertise internally and externally enabling knowledge management
- Actively establish and manage expertise based relationships with Governmental Institutes, Universities, Local and International Research Institutes and Organizations in Africa
- Establish close relationships with Key Opinion Leaders internally and externally to support the markets/businesses on topics related to plant sciences, procurement, supply development, agricultural raw material, value chains analysis, agribusiness, farmers training
- Lead relevant activities to drive agricultural raw material sciences mastership & quality
- Optimize organization and performance of the experimental farm, considering safety, quality, cost, timeliness, assets, environment, people and relations – internally and externally
- Drive the management of the experimental farm through a strong quality culture focusing on delighting customers/consumers and zero defects
- Ensure compliance to health, food safety and regulatory requirements in all on-site operations and supplies
- Drive constructive dialogue with all relevant stakeholders (local teams, unions, local communities and authorities, Nestlé Functions inside /outside the site).
- Master Degree and above in Plant Sciences, Agronomy, Agricultural Engineering or Equivalent
- Highly developed people management skills: ability to lead, manage and motivate by example
- Solid understanding of agronomy, plant sciences, raw material procurement, supply development, agricultural raw material market analysis, rural environment in sub-Saharan Africa,
- Proven networking capabilities and multidisciplinary teamwork experience
- A previous successful experience as agro-economist and/or in agribusiness, raw materials procurement and supplier development is preferred
- Ability to work in a multicultural/multifunctional environment
- Ability to plan, organize, monitor to execution
- Open minded with a strong drive to create practical/innovative solutions for farmers
- Well organized, motivated, energetic, creative, resourceful, insightful & personable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and French)
- Ability to build and sustain strong stakeholders’ relationship with effective and adaptable communication style.
Nestlé Research & Development Center in Abidjan recruits :
Senior Agronomy and Pant Sciences Manager
- Location: Yamoussoukro, Zambakro Experimental Farm, Côte d’Ivoire
- Company: Research & Development Center Abidjan
- Type of Employment: Permanent and Full Time
- Type of Contract: Local Contract (Relocation is applicable)
- Level of Education: Master Degree, Masters, PhD or Equivalent
How to apply
If you are interested in joining Nestlé Talent Community and a good fit for the above described, kindly send your resume and cover letter (in pdf format) to the below email, not later than November 13, 2018, 12.00 pm UTC: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will receive a formal notification.