Site Capital Limited
- Position: Accountant
- Department: Finance and Administration
- Reporting to: Regional Management Accountant – West Africa
- Authority Level: In accordance with the Approvals Authority Policy
- Direct Reports: Accountant, Assistant Accountant, Junior Administration & Finance Officer, All other members of local Finance/Admin team as directed by Regional Management Accountant – West Africa
- Provide leadership and direction for the finance and administration functions across Capital operations in country.
- Manage the financial, tax, statutory, accounting and administration functions for the country.
- Assist in the development of the finance and administration strategy and implementation in line with Corporate strategy.
- Promote a culture of safety leadership at all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrate personal commitment regarding safety, environmental and social responsibility practices.
- Act as a mentor for the technical skills exchange in order to develop direct reports to assume positions of increasing responsibility, with special reference to the anticipated requirements of Capital.
- Management of all country accounting and finance related activities.
- Supervise trade payables process, ensuring adherence to all relevant policies and procedures and facilitate a good relationship with key suppliers.
- Ensure supplier payments are being made in accordance with contracted terms.
- Ensure reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts is completed to a satisfactory manner each month, including intercompany balances.
- Management of all country treasury obligations including strict oversight over petty cash.
- Forecast cash flow positions and ensure sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements in country.
- Management of country capital expenditure, movements, disposals and transfers including monthly review of capital transactions and completion of the necessary documentation.
- Ensure compliance with Approvals Authority Policy.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with SYSCOHADA and IFRS accounting and co-ordinate the preparation of SYSCOHADA and IFRS compliant financial statements.
- Manage the local audit for both SYSCOHADA and IFRS reporting.
- Ensure all statutory and taxation submissions, payments and audits are completed correctly and on time, including non-financial reporting in country.
- Ensure that all company accounting procedures are adhered to and that they comply with all relevant Government and Statutory Acts and Regulations.
- Report any breaches in compliance, particularly with all statutory requirements and company procedures.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of budgets and forecasts for all projects and overheads in country.
- Planning, creation, communication, delivery and management of capital expenditure budgets every 6 months.
- Support the Project Managers and Senior Management with the timely and accurate preparation of weekly and monthly reporting for all projects in country.
- Support the Project Managers and Senior Management with all ad-hoc reporting as required.
- Engage in ongoing cost reviews, analysis and discussion in country.
- Interaction with each project in country on the financial results, including variance analysis and recommendation of improvement activities.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for all stakeholders.
- Management of weekly revenue reporting, forecasts and reporting to CFO and Financial Controller for cash flow.
- Travel on a regular basis to every project in country.
- Meet agreed KPI’s and objectives defined on a yearly basis.
- Any other responsibilities and duties that are deemed to be appropriate for this position and assigned by your supervisor/manager.
Education & Training Requirements:
- Undergraduate qualification in Accounting.
- Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- A professional qualification (or working towards) in the field of Accounting/Internal Auditing would be an advantage.
- Practical courses relating to Finance or Accounting in West Africa would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in the field of Accounting/Finance or Auditing
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the mining or manufacturing industry.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior/leadership role.
- Experience working with foreign multi-national enterprises.
- Excel knowledge (intermediate to advanced level).
- Strong computer skills, including use of email/Outlook, Word and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge and experience with ERP’s, such as Sage, SAP, Oracle, Pronto or Sun.
- Strong leadership and self-organisation skills – the ability to lead a team and obtain results.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously, use initiative and be proactive.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and a pragmatic approach to work.
- Excellent written and verbal French and English language skills.
- Time management skills.
- Must be fit and able to perform the inherent requirements of the job, including travel to work sites in remote locations.
- Ability to concentrate on tasks for extended periods.
To apply send your resume to WAF.HR@capdrill.com
Date of closing is 16 December 2021.
Like to know more? Check out www.capdrill.com