Site Save The Children
Save the children recruits an Administrative Assistant Intern.
The main role of the Administrative Assistant intern will be to manage all logistical aspects related to the preparation, running and follow-up of the Regional meetings and events, manage RO visitors and transfers.
Reports to: Leadership Support Coordinator
Qualifications and experience
- Have a degree in Management, Human Resources, Finance, or equivalent;
- Have knowledges on computer tools (word, excel, database, SharePoint, network, internet, outlook, etc… any other important software in the framework of the work of ONGIs);
- A previous experience in an NGO will be appreciate;
- Knowledge of English is an asset;
- Experience in archiving would be an asset;
- Be available and motivated to work with Save the Children;
- Be able to work in project mode;
- Be professional;
- Ability to manage stress and to work under difficult conditions;
- Organizational skills, teamwork skills, empathy and flexibility.
- Have a commitment to child protection and the fight against abuse and exploitation;
Objectives of the assignment
- Be responsible for day-to-day project correspondence, information sharing and filing ensuring that appropriate follow-up actions are taken.
- Prepare all documentation for meetings
- Assist in preparation missions to the region, render logistic support.
- Collect data, prepare and update briefs, records and other documents into the RO Admin SharePoint
- Expected outputs/specific deliverables
- Be the person contact between leads, suppliers, hotels, participants
- Prepare the participants list, invitation letters, mission order
- Link with the Admin team for the visa’s arrangements
- Arrange airport pickup, transfer from/to the venue workshop
- Provides support for preparation of documents, printing
- Regional meeting tracker to be up to date
- Regional Guest tracker to be up to date
- Arrange internal meetings, booking and set up meeting room
- Any other Assigned Task
- Back-up to Leadership Support Coordinator when required
- Follow payment request
- Prepare Petty cash request
- Prepare the Procurement Requests and Purchases Order in ProSave
- Prepare the Receipts and invoices in ProSave Other responsibilities required by the supervisor
Profile of the Intern
We are looking for a dynamic profile who is willing to learn and motivated to work with SCI. Note that this internship is open only to National Applicants or Senegal Residents
Location: Senegal, Dakar.
Contract length: 12 months with possibility of extension, relevant to fund availability and performance
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Female and National applications are strongly encouraged!
Closing date: 24 May 2022 – 23:59 GMT.