Site UN Women
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Administration Services Officer supports the Office Operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administration Services Officer promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. The Administration Services Officer works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff team to ensure consistent service delivery and to resolve complex administration related issues and information delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Prove general administration and operations support to the Regional Office in compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and strategies
- Prepare work plan for administrative team;
- Coordinate and supervise administrative support staff in the RO;
- Coordinate and supervise shipments and customs clearance arrangements;
- Coordinate and supervise travel arrangements;
- Coordinate and facilitate the organization of conferences, workshops, and retreats;
- Coordinate the building maintenance services; prepare/renew contracts with service providers and monitor service delivery
- Oversee protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with local authorities on space and other administrative matters;
- Manage and improve filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Manage the petty cash of the office
- Manage fuel supply for official vehicles as well as vehicles of international staff
- Coordinate and organize assets management and procurement processes
Manage office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution;
- Provide assistance in the asset management in the office
- Provide substantive inputs to the preparation of procurement plans for the office and contribute to monitoring their implementation;
- Generate procurement related reports; research and draft responses to enquiries;
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures, mostly for micro-purchasing, for office and project equipment, supplies and services;
- Organize and manage procurement activities and processes, mostly for micro-purchasing;
- Coordinate contract negotiations, prepare request for award of contract for the review and approval of relevant authorities, as required;
- Coordinate and supervise the preparation of Purchase Orders (PO) and contracts in and outside Atlas; ensure accuracy of POs;
- Assist in administering and establishing Long Term Agreements (LTAs) with UN Joint Teams.
Provide administrative support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Organize trainings for the operations/ projects staff on administrative related matters;
- Compile lessons learnt and best practices in administration, procurement, and human resources;
- Brief staff members on general administrative matters; provide advice and administration support
Key performance indicator
- Adherence to UN Women rules and regulations;
- Timely and quality procurement services;
- Perform duties in a transparent and cost effective manner;
- Provide timely and quality advice to clients;
- Timely and quality reports.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Excellent knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Excellent IT and web based management skills;
- Ability to extract and interpret data
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of secondary education is required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related fields is an asset
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, procurement, HR, or logistic support service;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience with UN procedures is an asset
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset
- Fluency in English and French is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
Closing date: 25 Sept 2023.