Site Save the Children
Save the Children recruits an Advocacy and Campaigns Intern
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Its vision is a world in which every child has the right to survive, the right to protection, development and participation. Its mission is to achieve decisive progress in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting changes in their lives. It works in more than 120 countries. Save the Children has extensive experience in the field of emergencies. It is also a development organisation with programmes in the sectors of Health, Nutrition, Food Security and Livelihoods, Child Protection and Education. To develop its services for children, Save the Children works with government departments, NGOs and national and international institutions, local structures and communities in the countries in which it works.
The aim of this internship is to assist the Regional Office and the Regional Advocacy and Campaign Manager in the development and implementation of the campaign and advocacy strategies across West and Central Africa.
With increased attention on the situation of children in West and Central Africa, Save the Children is specifically looking for an intern who can support the region to achieve their ambition. The intern plays an important role in supporting the team ensure we have the right research, analysis, adapted messages, and tactics to deliver our campaign at a national level.
Qualifications and experience
- Strengthen our research and advocacy delivery
- National and regional research on campaign topics
- Draft advocacy briefs, messages, reports and documents
- Strengthen the way we communicate about the campaign
- Series of campaign presentation and other supporting comms material
- Provide overall logistical support
- Efficient organization of meetings, with timely circulation of minutes
- Databases are managed and kept up to date
- Documents are translated into French and English
In order to be successful you will have:
- Campaign and/or advocacy background with possibly at least 1 year of experience
- Experience creating presentations and other communications material
- Ability to plan, organize and manage own workload
- Ability to process large volumes of information in French and English
- Strong written and speaking skills in French and English
LOCATION: Dakar, Senegal
Contract lenght: 6 months
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Female applications are strongly encouraged.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter stcuk.taleo.net.