Site African Wildlife Foundation (AWF)
African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) recruits a Deputy Program Manager.
For more than 50 years, the African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) has been a leader in African conservation and sustainable development. AWF is seeking a dynamic and high-performing individual to implement an integrated conservation and livelihoods program in Kedougou Region, SE Senegal in partnership with the Municipal Council (MC) of Tomboronkoto Commune and Petowal Mining Company (PMC). Under the overall supervision of AWF’s Vice President, Programs for West and Central Africa, the Deputy Program Manager. This position will be based in Kedougou Region, Senegal for a two-year period with the potential for extension.
Your key duties & responsibilities at AWF
- Support the Senior Program Manager to register AWF in Senegal and set up an office.
- Support the Senior Program Manager and work collaboratively with PMC and the MC to ensure the transparent and competitive selection and recruitment of the project team including consultants and service providers as required.
- Ensure efficient supervision and mentoring of direct line reports (approximately 3) and conduct regular performance appraisal linked to the project’s goals with managed staff.
- Support the Senior Program Manager to develop a detailed program work plan and corresponding budget for the pilot phase guided by the draft Program Log Frame.
- Participate in the development of Monitoring and Evaluation plans and the setup of a comprehensive M&E framework including data collection tools and procedures with technical support from AWF M&E staff.
- Lead the delivery of Key Results for the program according to the specific area of expertise of the hired candidate.
- Support the preparation and compilation of the Project’s quarterly and annual work plans, and quarterly and annual narrative and financial reports.
- Prepare monthly activity monitoring reports for submission to the Senior Program Manager.
- Represent AWF and TOMBO program in Senegal as needed.
- Assist with management of day-to-day operations of the project including effective administration and tracking of project finances, project monitoring and evaluation, timely reporting, and effective coordination and cooperation between project implementing partners among others.
- Bachelor’s degree required in either natural resource management, biodiversity conservation, or rural livelihoods/community development.
- 5+ year’s professional experience in conservation/rural development work in Senegal with an emphasis on natural resources management and livelihoods.
- Proven management experience setting-up, designing and implementing technical and capacity building work programs in rural areas.
- Fluency in written and spoken French, and a high-level of proficiency in English. Knowledge of local languages preferred.
- Strong communicator, negotiator and able to demonstrate high-levels of political awareness.
- Ability to fulfil mandatory AWF operations and financial procedures.
- Willingness and ability to work in a rural location of the Kedougou Region, Senegal.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, detailed CV, and a writing sample as a single PDF document indicating daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Given the urgency in filling this position, candidates will be screened on an ongoing basis and closed once position is filled.
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.