Wave is hiring a Agent Administration Operations Manager.
We’re making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d’Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that’s where you come in….
How you’ll help us achieve it
We’re looking for an Agent Operations Administration Manager who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. As we rapidly scale our business in Senegal, you’ll own the execution of administrative tasks within the agent operations team and manage a growing team of administrative officers.
In this role, you’ll
- Manage agent management administration and reporting
- Create and roll out systems to ensure relevant contracts are up-to-date across systems
- Work with regional managers to create policies to monitor and evaluate agent contracts for termination/renewal.
- Be general custodian of all regional data and required reporting.
- Provide accurate data analysis and performance forecasting
- Champion for performance improvement within agent team
- managing all contracts and payroll associated with interim firm staff
- Team leadership and coordination
- Work with ops admin officers to support agents across the country.
- Manage or support recruitment, onboarding, and off-boarding as needed in the agent ops department
- Logistical support
- Create and roll out systems between admins and regional managers to dispatch all required supplies and
- merchandising material required, and any other supplies needed, tracking dispatched and available supplies and their use.
- Provide financial support in monitoring and closure of agent/customer cases
- Training and managing on agent management and agent administrative issues
- Basic training on agent admin related issues to the field teams
- Manage and train entry-level admins within agent management
- Help coordinate and manage all agent communication and training as may be required.
- Manage, track and report on all agent potential risk and suspicious activities
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- Position based at the office in Dakar with frequent travel to the field.
- You must have work authorization in Senegal.
- This is a permanent position.
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months.
- We pay your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents.
- We support working parents – we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work.
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment.
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- 2+ years experience in a comparable role (HR, Admin, Finance)
- 1+ year’s experience managing a team
- A graduate degree in HR, Administration, Business or Finance
- Proficient in English, French
- Excellent computer skills and intermediate and data analysis skills (great at spreadsheets)
- Good communication skills
- Team leadership and coordination abilities
- Able to proactively prioritize, plan, delegate, and follow-up client, field team, and agent issues until resolved
You might be a good fit if you
- You always seek to improve yourself through honest self-reflection
- Have managed successful teams to achieve ambitious goals
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change
- Are analytical in your approach to problems
- Are excessively detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D’Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We’re deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
- Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Closing date: 23 January 2022.