Site UN Women
UN Women is hiring a Analyst, Leadership and Women’s Political Participation.
Grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, UN Women will work for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women will lead and coordinate United Nations System efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It will provide strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
Women’s leadership and political participation is one of UN Women’s primary areas of work as mandated in its inception, recognizing the integral role of women in strong and stable democratic processes. Through its Leadership and Governance section, UN Women works to implement Goal 1 of its Strategic Plan 2014-17 “Women lead and participate in all areas of decision-making”. To that end, UN Women developed a comprehensive, peer-reviewed theory of change (TOC) on women’s political empowerment and leadership and a strategic programming approach to enable more women of all ages to fully participate, lead and engage in political institutions and processes. The TOC is grounded in the achievements, knowledge generated and lessons learned from the implementation of UN Women’s Strategic Plans 2011-2013 and 2014-2017, and are designed to guide countries towards reaching Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Target 5.5: “ensure women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decision-making in political, economic and public life.”
Reporting to the Regional Specialist WPP, the Programme Analyst provides programme support to the effective management of UN Women programmes in the RO by contributing in the programme design, formulation, implementation and evaluation. The Programme Analyst supports the delivery of UN Women programmes by analyzing results achieved during implementation and supporting appropriate application of systems and procedures.
The Programme Analyst works in close collaboration with the programme and operations team, UN Women HQ staff, CO/PP, Government officials, multi and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful UN Women programme implementation under portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions
Provide technical support to the implementation and management of the WPP programme
- Support the implementation of WPP regional programme
- Monitor the implementation of proposals by responsible partners.
- Coordinate the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners.
- Assist the Review and coordination of the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports.
- Provide inputs to relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles.
- Follow up on resource on mobilization activities for fund raising for new projects in coordination with the Regional Advisor;
- Manage the portfolio of on-going programmes/projects through administrative and financial supervision ensuring the proper application of a monitoring system to track progress on program results and indicators;
- Conduct field visits to supervise, coordinate and monitor field level activities of assigned portfolio.
- Responsible of all operations tasks of the unit.
Communication and Coordination of the Regional Advisor schedule linked to assigned projects:
- Drafting presentations, briefing notes as requested by the regional advisor
- Manage communication for assigned portfolio, including timely responses to inquiries from HQ and the field
- Support the regional advisor in her interactions and exchanges related to assigned portfolio, keeping record and ensuring action and follow-up when required in a timely and efficient manner, and serving as note-taker in regular meetings and exchanges.
Support advocacy activities and facilitation of knowledge building and management:
- Support the establishment of advocacy networks at national level and linkages to international networks related to the sectorial/thematic areas assigned;
- Proactively support and implement relevant, advocacy activities and campaigns with key partners;
- Identify and synthesis best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to programme country policy goals in the sectorial/thematic areas assigned. Proactively contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project
- Monitor the budget by production ERP reports
- Keep WPP-related activities and results updated on UN Women’s internal performance monitoring online systems (RMS, ATLAS, LEADS, DAMS, PGAMS, GST etc.).
- Provide inputs to quarterly reports, donor reports and other reports on outputs, results outputs and outcomes.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and quality inputs to programme design
- Timely and quality inputs to workplans and budgets
- Adherence to UN Women standards and rules
- Timely monitoring and tracking of programme results and finances
- Timely organization of events
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills
Knowledge of Results Based Management
Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings
Mastery of Atlas, RMS, DAMS, LEADS
Good analytical skills
Good knowledge on Gender
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/ women’s studies, international development, law, or a related field is required
- A first-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 3 years of experience in supporting /managing regional programme.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in working on issues related to gender, development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building.
- Experience in supporting programmes on Women’s Political Participation is desirable.
- Experience supporting Human Rights Programmes is an added advantage.
- Proven Experience in the use of ATLAS, DAMS, LEADS, RMS
- Experience in supporting a team and communicating with national offices;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Experience with UN Agency/UN WOMEN
- Knowledge of West and Central Africa context.
- Fluency in French
- Working language of English is desirable.
Closing date : 24 May 2021.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter jobs.undp.org.