Flowserve hiring Applications Engineer.
If you are looking for a culture of excellence, innovation and corporate involvement, join Flowserve and boost your career!
We are looking for an Applications engineer who will be responsible for the technical and commercial offers of industrial pumping solutions in accordance with the customer’s specifications and the transfer of orders to the CSOF.
The main mission will consist of proposing the best technical selection (pumps and centrifugal pump units), defining a deadline in agreement with the production management unit, validating the terms and conditions in agreement with the legal department and optimizing the financial result for Flowserve via the proposed sales price (margin management).
- Ensure proper transfer of orders received to the CSOF cell.
- Interact on a daily basis with all of the company’s players (design office, purchasing, finance, production, etc.), as well as with numerous external players such as the sales force, customers (distributors, users, contractors, installers, etc.) and suppliers.
- Realization of OE (Original Equipment) quotes
- Interface sales mainly through the CRM by respecting the process of realization, the dates of answer and the level of quality expected for the estimates
- Verification of input data to be used for the quotation and their compliance with Flowserve rules
- Feasibility study / Identification / selection of appropriate products and accessories
- Develop technical and commercial strategy to maximize the chances of results
- Follow up on validation from internal stakeholders of the financial, commercial, time and price requirements to be proposed
- Develop, if necessary (process), a risk analysis by proposing countermeasures to reduce the risk to an acceptable level
- Technical and commercial negotiation
- Order files within the allotted time and according to the quality level required by the internal procedures
- Establish order intake forecasts (« booking ») with his/her hierarchy
- Follow-up with sales people regarding booking prospects
- Deploy of feedback on the Original Equipment activity
- Contribute to the maintenance and optimization of the pricing bases in collaboration with the different actors of the company (purchasing, production…)
- Participate in the development of the department’s business skills as well as in the continuous improvement of tools (product and process expertise)
- Technical knowledge applicable to pumps and pumping units (Hydraulics, mechanical engineering, electromechanical, mechanical seals, materials and chemicals, industrial manufacturing processes, industrial standards as ISO 5199, API 682, ATEX, FDA, NACE….etc)
- Understanding of contract terms and conditions, ability to link them to risk analysis and forecasting
- Basic financial knowledge: Gross Margin, cash flow, payment terms, revenue recognition, cost structure
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Previous experience in the same industry