Maersk hiring Area Product Landside Transportation Manager.
We are looking for a commercially focused, driven, and experienced candidate to take up the role as Landside Transportation Product Manager for Maersk in North West Africa. In this role you will be responsible for the profitability and commercial aspects of all our landside transportation offering across the nine countries forming part of North West Africa Area*. You will be designing new products and corridors for our customers and driving delivery of our growth ambitions internally.
The ideal candidate has a strong experience within landside intermodal transportation and logistics in general, strong stakeholder management skills, and an acumen for business development and growth.
* Senegal, Mali, Mauritania, Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Cape Verde, Sierra Leone, Liberia
- A unique opportunity for personal and professional development, joining Maersk on our journey of becoming the integrator of container logistics
- An opportunity to grow and develop the Landside Transportation business of Maersk in nine countries, with you in the driving seat
- An engaging and rewarding role as you will lead, coach and develop a team of engaged and professional colleagues
- A fast-paced and dynamic environment with a distinct respect for the individual.
- Responsible and accountable for the P&L of the landside transportation product family – ensuring that we meet our ambitious targets
- Set the strategy for the product family and fully own the development of landside transportation products, including the pricing towards our customers
- Business development within the landside transportation category – exploring opportunities and developing business cases to support future profitable growth and value for our customers
- Analyse and map market dynamics and opportunities, driving sustainable volume growth
- Identification of potential M&A opportunities
- Work closely with sales and participate in high-level customer engagements to understand their needs and establish products to serve those needs
- Selected tender management jointly with sales, and actively involved in selling and securing new business as well as customer retention
We are looking for
- Experienced candidates with a background and proven track record in handling the commercial aspect of logistics and landside transportation:
- Outstanding professional performance and experience within logistics, 10+ years – commercial experience and pricing is a must, operational experience a plus
- Strategic mind-set and an ability to create seamless and creative solutions to challenging goals; experience with business development
- Strong stakeholder management skills with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work across functions and disciplines and engage with internal stakeholders as well as customers
- Strong independent drive to achieve success in your work
- Financial acumen, ability to understand and drive a P&L
- Experience working in the region is preferred
- Fluency in both French and English is a requirement.
Last application date: 28/2/2021