The GGGI is hiring an Associate, Country Programs – Senegal.
The Associate ensures consistent quality across of a specific project and/or output delivery. The primary role of the Associate is responsible for providing support in maintaining and verifying project/output level budget execution and controls in line with GGGI policies and WPB; CBP supporting procurement plans, project management, contract management in keeping with GGGI policies, standards and donor requirements.
Based in Seoul, The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is an intergovernmental organization founded to support and promote a model of economic growth known as « green growth », which targets key aspects of economic performance such a poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion, and environmental sustainability. GGGI works with countries around the world, building their capacity and working collaboratively on green growth policies that can impact the lives of millions. The organization partners with countries, multilateral institutions, government bodies, and private sector to help build economies that grow strongly and are more efficient and sustainable in the use of natural resources, less carbon intensive, and more resilient to climate change.
GGGI has a diverse portfolio of programs in developing countries around the world. These in-country programs, together with global products and services, focus on delivering results through an integrated approach of evidence-based green growth planning and implementation aligned to countries’ development priorities. The organization also focuses on knowledge development and management activities which build a strong theoretical and empirical basis for green growth, while providing concrete options and guidance for policymakers; as well as building the conditions for public and private green infrastructure investments.
The Associate will be based in the GGGI Office within the Ministry of Environment & Sustainable Development in Dakar, and will work under the supervision of the Head of Program Lead and the Country Representative. GGGI requires the Associate to coordinate and provide administrative support to the Country Representative and Project team on GGGI’s policies & procedures including donor requirements. The role will also support the implementation of projects.
The role of Associate is to ensure process integrity in program operation and specific project/output in delivery in the Senegal program, fully meeting established institutional policies, standards and donor requirements across budget execution, procurement & project implementation and other operational functions.
- Support the effective implementation of climate-smart agriculture project in priority, collection, submission of information to monitor and report on project and workstream activities to ensure efficiency and consistency with established work plans to support programme management.
- Devoted to Program Managers accountability and the support of capacity building inputs for development of awareness raising material and sessions on all programs.
- Oversees the mainstreaming of social/gender inclusivity considerations across projects/country portfolio.
Ensures adherence to GGGI policies across procurement, legal, HR and finance.
- Supports Country Representative/Head of Program/Project Manager in monitoring the ongoing projects both substantively and financially.
- Work closely with GGGI Korean partners in Senegal to consolidate a coherent curriculum of best practices of Climate-smart agricultures practices and sustainable value chain and to oversee its delivery to stakeholders.
- Support preparing, organizing events and sessions between farmers, entrepreneurs, relevant research and academic institutions and Senegal government project partners
- Assist the Country Representative in communication with the Korean partners in Senegal, Seoul and with national partners, and project implementation partners.
Finance: Budget and financial management
- Assist in Project Managers implement project output activities in alignment with project budget subsequently ensuring budgets alight with correct codes.
- Support the logistics for meetings, workshops, training sessions and other events, including but not limited to drafting ToRs, budget, list of needs as required.
- Support the monitoring of project procurement plans and requisition procedures in line with yearly work programs and budget line;
- Support the Country Program Admin/Finance unit in the procurement of all goods and services for projects when requested.
- Work in collaboration with the Country Representative/ Head of Program/PMs to provide necessary information to the key stakeholders.
- Supports the Country Representative/Head of Program/PMs to organize GGGI events, information sessions, capacity building and knowledge/experience exchange sessions and sharing of project lessons between GGGI and government and key implementation partners.
- Supports the team on the procedures, policies, and tools of all operational transactions for project/output delivery.
- Identify issues and risks that will affect consistent program and delivery and report to the Country Representative/Head of Program/Project Managers.
- Identify issues from across projects and work streams and advise project staff on remedial measures in order to maintain integrity of delivery.
Facilities and logistics
- Maintain program filing system and safeguard standards of reporting/documentary quality to support reporting to donors and programme stakeholders.
- Manage and deliver the organization of meetings, seminars, workshops, conferences, trainings, etc. including but not limited to transport solutions, procurement, and communications.
- Ensure smooth day to day support of programs management in Senegal in close collaboration with Program manager and under the supervision of the Head of Program.
- Support development and dissemination of capacity building and awareness raising materials related to Climate-smart Agriculture and Sustainable value chain and promotion of climate-resilient agribusiness.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any one of the following international affairs, business administration, policy, economics, accounting management & public administration, development studies)
- Preferable 5-6 years of professional experience in financial management and/or project budget management
- At least three years relevant experience in West Africa.
- Experience of government and stakeholder systems and engagement (donor, multilateral, etc.)
- Experience in organising workshops and logistics, including travel of participants and high level delegations
- Fluency in English, Korean, French and excellent writing skills are essential
- Knowledge of green growth and climate change issues would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Climate Smart Agriculture and Smart Farming
- Experience in writing press releases, communicating professionally on social media would be an advantage
- Experience writing monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Self-motivated, team work and creative problem solving abilities
- Excellent multi-cultural literacy and interest in being a part of an international team working in an evolving and entrepreneurial environment
- International experience across multiple country contexts
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and facilitation skills.
- Understand and actively support GGGI’s mission, vision and values.
- Promote an organisational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership
- Process and share information easily and are excellent at problem solving
- Manage emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily
- Promote creativity and innovation among staff
Contract Duration 12 months
Date to close (KST) 29/06/2022
Job Reference SN-MAFRA-1