Site IFC / World Bank
IFC hiring Associate Investment Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct industry and market research/ mapping to identify a pipeline of good quality investment opportunities.
- Evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new venture capital transactions.
- Help supervise investments in portfolio companies and manage internal IFC procedures including preparation of portfolio reports and related compliance related information.
- Conduct analysis of and follow up on new business opportunities and liaise extensively with colleagues worldwide.
- Lead and support due diligence and drafting of investment recommendation documentation for investment decisions.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses, banking and multilateral partners and government officials to further develop the sector and to develop specific investment opportunities.
- Coordinate closely with IFC’s business risk functions to ensure maintenance of the highest corporate governance, environmental and social, and integrity standards.
- At least 5-6 years of experience in venture capital, private equity, consulting, investment banking, equity research.
- Candidates that have a proven track-record of sourcing, structuring, and closing investments are preferred.
- Advanced degree required, MBA from leading international institutions preferred
- Strong interest in venture investing and emerging technology areas.
- Strong familiarity with financial software applications (e.g., Microsoft Office suite, research, and financial databases, etc.)
- Proven track record in nurturing client relationships; business development.
- Strong business development and client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on clients ‘needs effectively, notably in a fragile business environment.
- Work experience and relationships with stakeholders in African venture ecosystems including start-ups, VCs, other investors, and development partners is a plus.
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients,
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work successfully with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in and analytical knowledge of emerging markets is important.
- Experience in portfolio management. Having prior experience attending investee company board meetings and supporting senior partners and portfolio CEOs/Founders will be viewed positively.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and French; a multi-lingual background will be viewed upon favorably.
Closing date: 30 September 2022.