Site BirdLife International
BirdLife International is hiring a Marine Programme Coordinator.
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
As the Marine Programme Coordinator, you will lead the Marine Programme of the BirdLife Africa Secretariat in collaboration with the BirdLife International’s Marine Programme (BIMP). You will manage and provide strategic guidance to staff in the Africa Marine Unit and lead the development and implementation of the marine projects. You will coordinate with other BirdLife programmes to promote seabird conservation, primarily with the Invasive Alien Species and Preventing Extinctions programmes.
Key Responsibilities of the Marine Programme Coordinator
- Lead and coordinate the development and implementation of the BirdLife Marine Programme
- Facilitate collaboration and harmony of Africa Marine programme with wider BirdLife International’s Marine Programme (BIMP)
- Lead, manage and motivate a team of staff for delivery of the Marine Programme in Africa
- Facilitate the coordination, delivery and growth of the marine objectives and capacity of the BirdLife Africa Partnership, including expanding capacity for marine IBA work in the region
- Develop and manage the large scale marine project, including ongoing projects in West Africa, IKI Strong High Sea, GOBI IKI project in the Western Indian Ocean and the Common Oceans project as Co-Project Executive
- Promote and communicate the objectives, goals and achievements of the BirdLife Africa Secretariat Marine Programme at a regional and international level
- Identify and promote the development of multilateral projects and agreements to advance the objectives of the BirdLife Africa Secretariats Marine Programme within Africa
- Coordinate with other BirdLife programmes to promote seabird conservation, primarily with the Invasive Alien Species and Preventing Extinctions programmes
The ideal candidate will have :
- Advanced university degree in natural sciences and their practical application
- Demonstrate knowledge in marine science and conservation
- Strong communication skills and the ability to promote BirdLife to senior level stakeholders in international organisations, government, private sector and civil society
- Ability to write professional articles and give presentations to international audiences
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office package
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Proficient in statistical tools for scientific analysis
- Fluent in English, additional French language skills would be advantageous
Application : Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: email@example.com
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 4 June 2019
Pour postuler, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant : www.birdlife.org.
Très important : Méfiez vous des arnaques ! Vous ne devez payer, en aucun cas, des sommes d'argent aux recruteurs utilisant la plateforme EmploiDakar.com
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.