Wave is hiring a Branding Coordinator.
We’re making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d’Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that’s where you come in….
How you’ll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a Branding Coordinator for Senegal who’s resourceful and has experience in coordinating the branding of a large network at Telco, Mobile Money companies or any other company dealing with mass market in Senegal. You’ll help to coordinate the day-to-day operations of the branding of our network in Senegal as we rapidly scale our business and help us maintain desirable visibility in the network but also the removal of the branding at the end of collaboration with partners.
In this role you’ll
- Promotes awareness about a company and its products or services through its visibility
- Contributing and developing a brand strategy for the agent network
- Create brand presence, scheduling communications with Marketing department
- Evaluate the progress of Regional Lead initiatives associated with branding depending on the target (Agent,
- Master Agent Singleton, Corporate Master & Premium)
- Manage day to day logistics of the branding of our agent network
- Prepare supporting and branding materials to be installed at each of our agents
- Recommend cost-efficient sources (new channels, partnerships, etc) for better branding partners for production and installation
- Improve the visual standards of our agents (normal agents, premium agents, master agents, etc), as per the brand guidelines of the company
- Track the progress and quality of our agent network visibility and branding, by working in collaboration with our branding partners and our field sales and agent network management team
- Receive stock of marketing supplies and materials from our vendors and suppliers, and organize appropriate dispatching; track inventory of all stock and organize orders to avoid stock-outs
- Create clear and details report regarding the branding of the network
- Location: You’ll work from our office in Senegal with frequent travel or temporary relocation to field locations within Senegal.
- You must have work authorization in Senegal.
- This is a permanent position.
- As a brand coordinator, your job duties include the qualifications for a career as a brand coordinator include a bachelor’s degree in marketing or any other related courses, business, or a related field, experience in marketing, and excellent time management, project management, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral, written and computer skills
- English is a plus as this role may interact regularly with non-French speakers.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience at a marketing agency, telecom, payment service provider, FMCG or financial institution, managing a team (+10 staffs)
You might be a good fit if you
- Have successfully executed branding campaigns
- Loves to be in the field, and does not mind doing some handy work.
- Are diplomatic and have excellent communication skills.
- Are detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Enjoy owning projects – you’re autonomous yet know when to escalate problems.
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a
- means to spark innovation and growth.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- Think about culture and process from the users’ perspective.
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D’Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We’re deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
- Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Closing date : 30 November 2021.