Site Philip Morris International
Philip Morris International hiring a Budget & Reporting Intern.
We foster curiosity and personal ambition. The more you learn, the more you progress – and so do we as a Company. That is why we invest in you and in your development. So come take part of the biggest shift in our history. Step out of your comfort zone. Meet different cultures and personalities every single day. Build a diverse and international network. Be part of something big.
We are looking for a Budget & Reporting Analyst Intern
If you are also a fast learner, result-oriented, good at dealing with challenges, then you are the one! We want you for our internship in Philip Morris Manufacturing Senegal based in Dakar.
As an intern in our department, you will team up with the Budget & Reporting Analyst to:
- Prepare and submit timely reporting to headquarter the Income Statement (Volume, Costs, OCI) and miscellaneous financials reports on a monthly basis.
- Produce to Budget Owners monthly reports comparing actual results with budget, in order to support management in its control function in the most effective way.
- Prepare and distribute Original Budget and Rolling Forecast Books to management and area managers.
- Provide analysis and explanations whenever necessary.
- Collect and prepare necessary information required for budget preparation.
- Preparation of budget, rolling forecast and others specific reports according to PMI requirements.
- Monitor and control monthly variance analysis and periodic forecasts.
- Perform quality inputs based on approved forecasts & GMRB reconciliation analysis
- Ensure good functioning of budget system (marketing & overheads commitments).
- Provide actuals versus forecast analysis by cost center and ensure that spending is well controlled by each cost center responsible. Give early warning signals to management in case of potential overrun.
- Ensure coherence of Budget supporting documentation and accuracy of inputs into SAP accounting system.
- Continue to develop and improve the approach to budgeting by individual cost center.
- Ensure accurate booking of actual expenses against budget.
- College/University degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics or Statistics
- Experience in Planning/ Finance/Accounting
- Strong Skills in Excel
- Proficient with other Microsoft Office Products
- Excellent written and verbal communication and analytical skills
- Solid analytical skills for identifying patterns and trends to use in process improvement recommendations
- Ability to work cross functionally with all different departments
- Strong business sense and appreciation for confidentiality in sensitive situations
What we offer
- Internship opportunity of 6 months.
- Financial compensation during the internship.