Site World Food Programme
The World Food Programme hiring Business Support & Information Sharing Assistant.
The Budget & Programming and Nutrition Units at RB level has been undergoing major restructuring efforts since the beginning of 2020 to enhance better efficiency and effectiveness of the BPU and Nutrition advisory functions in the support provided to Country Offices through a more integrated, portfolio-based approach, relying also on stronger and more systematic cross functional collaboration and information sharing.
The changes introduced have shown the need to strengthen, adjust, re-organize and streamline major work processes pertaining to data collection, information sharing, overall data collection, presentation and reporting in collaboration with other key units in RBD as well as in the support to Country Office in alignment with overall corporate planning processes.
With regards to BPU: With the ongoing COVID-19 related corporate emergency, the need to further strengthen internal work planning and organization for effective data compilation, information sharing and performance measurement has become evident; in addition, the development of standard templates, well documented and recorded recommendations and recording of best practices has also become critical. With the increased workload caused by the corporate COVID 19 emergency, coinciding with fragile staffing capacity resulting from repeated staff absences/dropouts, the staffing of the unit to support the review and assessment of the adjustments introduced and further support needs to CO ahead needs to be boosted over the coming months.
The support needed doesn’t require a full-time assistant.
With regards to the Nutrition Unit: With the possible contribution from DEVCO to ‘nutrition’ in the region, multiple documents (SOP’s to CO’s) need to be prepared and meetings held (between RBD technical units involved, with CO’s,..) in order to put an efficient coordination mechanism in place in RBD but also at CO-level. In addition, this preparatory phase will also include recruitments of consultants. This comes with a series of administrative steps (issuing, VA’s, following up on recruitment, ensuring tickets, hotels, etc. are booked, consultants receive IT-material, onboarding, etc.). The support needed is currently not available to the nutrition unit and doesn’t require a full-time assistant.
Therefore, the BP and Nutrition units are seeking to jointly recruit a Business support and Planning assistant for an initial period of 5 months. The work in support of the 2 units will be organized jointly between the 2 heads of unit and assistant on a weekly basis.
Key responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
- Support administrative and cross functional processes for the BPU and Nutrition units for timely execution of deadlines and production of final documents and notes including record keeping such as NFR of meetings and administrative support to staff (and consultants.)
- Support both units’ workplan monitoring and reviews including the drafting of minutes/action points and the monitoring of KPIs (performance management).
- Provide support for overall units’ performance measurement efforts to assess needs and inform process enhancements/improvements and lessons learnt dissemination in support to better CO support and cross functional collaboration through client/stakeholder satisfaction surveys
- Support the work planning requirements and efforts of the units through a review, re-organization & streamlining of the data repositories for efficient information sharing
- Support the preparation of periodic / ad hoc plans, reports and presentations for further reviews, to ensure the provision of accurate and user/reader-friendly information to internal and external stakeholders and facilitate information sharing, consultations, decision making and advice
- Maintain communication with key unit stakeholders (COs and RB colleagues) for data consolidation and cross functional efforts, especially around the COVID 19 emergency and DEVCO, to ensure accuracy, consistency and record keeping and of data collected/prepared
- Extract, compile and format data from the corporate systems and formats within the established deadlines, to enable easy access to information and support analysis.
- Client orientation
- Basic analytical skills coupled with knowledge of tabulation and presentation tools (EXCEL, POWERPOINT, WORD) and surveys
- Fast learning and assimilation of new systems and tools
- Organization and Planning
- Consolidation and Presentation skills
- Reading and writing skills in English and French essential to ensure effective support to performance review initiatives
- Experience in overall Organization/Monitoring of tasks and Budget planning will be considered a PLUS
- Previous in-house experience including the utilization of corporate systems and processes will be an advantage to expedite the onboarding process and render the staff fully operational within a short learning period.
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is highly desirable (e.g. Business Administration, Project management, Finance & Accounting).
Closing Date: 19.10.2020