About the Role
Burn is looking for a Business Unit Manager to head one of our Biomass Products in Senegal. To succeed in this role, you must be able to effectively manage a wide range of duties and responsibilities simultaneously.
Duties and Responsibilities
Build product biz unit budgets (in conjunction w/ relevant managers), setting:
- Revenue and unit volume targets
- Create and drive forward product strategy to optimize profitability, including:
- Geographies o Sales channels
- Marketing o Product improvements
- Drive the product and business-planning process across cross-functional teams of the company
- Analyze consumer needs, current market trends, and potential partnerships from a profitability perspective
- Assess current competitor offerings, seeking opportunities.
- Analyze product requirements and develop appropriate programs to ensure they’re successfully achieved
- Appraise new product ideas and strategize appropriate to-market plans
- Responsible for all product development including product research, market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, roadmap development, requirements development, and product launch
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction and final product development by engineering teams
- Create product strategy documents that describe business cases, high-level use cases, technical requirements, revenue, and ROI
- Analyze market data to develop sales strategies and define product objectives for effective marketing communications plans
- Collaborate closely with engineering, production, marketing, and sales teams on the development, QA, and release of products and balance of resources to ensure success for the entire organization
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates BURN and its features across primary market segments
- Manage the technical product manage
- Product EBITDA %
- Total product profit
This role will be moving into a matrix structure, and you will eventually be responsible for the Business Unit’s P&L. You will also be required to play a fundamental role in developing the structure of the unit and building the right team for this developed structure.
Qualified Female candidates are encouraged to apply
BURN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training, or any other fees).
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application: CV and cover letter.
Closing date: 2 July 2022.