Site Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI)
Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) hiring an Associate, Public and Private Partnerships.
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
African Health Diagnostics Platform initiative (AHDP) is an effort designed to support Ministries of Health to strengthen their laboratory systems and ultimately improve access to quality diagnostic services for patients. CHAI will work with countries to assess, design, negotiate and implement a public private partnership between partner governments and their respective private partners.
The government of Senegal, aware of the role the private sector can play in meeting the health needs of the country, has chosen to promote public-private partnerships (PPP) to strengthen the health system. This private sector contribution is imperative to achieving one of the objectives of the Plan Sénégal Emergent of ensuring the geographic and financial accessibility of quality health services and products. The project will work to ensure that fruitful public/private partnership can be developed and implemented.
CHAI is looking for an Associate, Public and Private Partnerships to support the government of Senegal with developing and implementing a labs-focused PPP agreement. The Associate will help design the PPP, assess the feasibility in pilot sites, identify resource gaps and other potential pitfalls to a successful implementation of the project. The goal is to improve access to reliable, quality diagnostic testing in Senegal to improve quality and accessibility of patient care.
The Associate will report to the Technical Advisor. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, analytical ability, outstanding understanding of laboratory systems. The candidate must be self-driven, adaptable and have a high level of comfort with fast-paced work. They must be self-assured, a fast learner, resilient, and a strong team player. They should have proven ability to understand PPP models in the health sector with experience in working at country strategic advisory level.
- Support landscape review and mapping of public and private laboratory services and analyze volume, cost and scope of existing services
Design options for PPP deals that addresses government priorities – this will include defining the PPP scope and estimating the cost and impact. This might cover but is not limited to:
- Support engagement with private companies in Senegal – to effectively assess their costs, advise on Senegal service delivery needs, and determine appropriate role in PPP
- Develop, review and/or support the implementation of a sample referral process with indicators to track sample losses, delays and other sample delivery gaps
- Explore opportunities and develop strategies for synergies and efficiencies around logistics and supply chain management, integration of lab and health facility data management systems, patient notification and instrument service.
- Lead assessment of the PPP model’s capacity to expand access to laboratory services:
- Develop indicators to track the implementation and performance of the PPP lab services including but not limited to lab. service utilization and testing coverage, average wait time for lab results and time to diagnosis, scope of testing menu, capacity utilization of laboratory equipment and other elements of laboratory service delivery
- Develop management dashboards and reports to track developed indicators and provide an objective assessment of the performance of the PPP lab service
- Regular resource and network gap assessments and tracking of the feasibility study key milestones to ensure they are the basis of management decisions
- Strengthen the capacity of agency officials to perform analyses and use evidence for decision making and support establishment and implementation of evidence-based appropriate change management structures and systems through formal trainings and one-on-one mentoring
- Provide strategic input into policy documents including but not limited to national laboratory policies and strategic plans, quality improvement plans including accreditation schemes
- Support MOH in process of determining and securing government approval of the deal
- Develop strategic and technical recommendations for the scale up of the project
- Support assessment of financial resources for laboratory testing and support linkage of PPP cost to government resource planning
- Support mapping of political/legislative/logistical parameters for PPPs
- Develop recommendations for complementary interventions that BMGF can invest in that can “close loop of care” and maximize the impact of diagnostic improvements
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor degree in public health, laboratories sciences or related technical field
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional work experience
- Familiarity with global health issues, experience in with private public partnership in the health sector is an added advantage
- Experience working in management consulting, business strategy groups, or similar fast-paced results-oriented environments
- Experience developing program plans and budgets
- Laboratory and diagnostics-related experience
- Previous work experience in sub-Saharan Africa
- Ability to assess PPP models and provide tangible financial and technical recommendations and applicability aspects
- Ability to analyze systems holistically and advise on effectiveness of program, systems or procedures
- Ability to identify key gaps and recommend practical, realistic interventions for operational improvement
- Ability to navigate government processes with multiple stakeholders
- Exceptional diplomatic and interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Highly entrepreneurial with strong self-motivation
- Excellent analytical skills and high levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet applications
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently on complex projects and proactively advance projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and to be effective in high-pressure situations
- High level of integrity and professionalism.
- Fluent in English and French, proficiency in both written and verbal
- Advanced degree
- Experience working in laboratories or private sector in Senegal
- Experience working with governments and international partners in country
Pour postuler à ce poste, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant careers-chai.icims.com.
Très important : Méfiez vous des arnaques ! Vous ne devez payer, en aucun cas, des sommes d'argent aux recruteurs utilisant la plateforme EmploiDakar.com
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.