Chemonics is recruiting a chief of party.
Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID/Senegal Entrepreneurship and Business Investment Program. Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is ISO-9001-certified and currently working in 76 countries. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Responsibilities of the Chief of party:
- Lead and manage the project’s technical implementation and compliance
- Serve as the principal point of contact in Senegal for procedural and substantive matters
- Coordinate and be responsible for all contract management and implementation
- Ensure quality control and overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the award
- Provide overall leadership, management, and general technical direction of the entire program, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors and a focus on achieving the results defined in the award
- Identify issues and risks related to activity implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments
- Oversee the field project and all supporting staff including long-term expatriate and local staff, short-term international and local experts, subcontractors, and grantees in achieving project results
- Manage client relationships and oversee collaboration with other USAID and donor-funded programs and local stakeholders
- Minimum of 10 years of management and technical experience
- Advanced degree (master’s or higher) in a relevant field
- Previous USAID chief of party or program manager experience preferred
- Experience with USAID programs required
- Experience with international donor-funded projects required
- Demonstrated leadership in effective project management, technical and analytical skills, personnel management, and strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Strong communication skills both written and oral in English and French
Please send an email with your CV, three references, and a cover letter to SEPBIPRecruit@chemonics.com with “Chief of Party” in the subject line by July 12, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/