Amadeus is hiring a Chief Accounting CWA.
- Position Type: Permanent
- Location: Dakar, SN – Senegal
- Job ID: 109783
- Job Family: Finance
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Then you need to keep reading!
When we’re looking to hire at Amadeus, we look internally first. Our teams get the benefit of your experience and you get more chances to grow and progress. So, if you are ready for a new challenge and want to drive your career, apply now!
Ensure the highest quality and accuracy of financial management information is produced in a timely fashion to facilitate effective and efficient management of the business.
Ensure that the company’s financial statements are timely issued and comply with local and international financial reporting standards:
- Prepare the monthly consolidated financial statements under SYSCOA and IFRS standards.
- Perform the reporting of the IFRS financial statements to the mother company on a monthly basis and be the lead interface with their queries in relation to the accounting reporting.
- Perform 2nd Level checks on the monthly local accounts of the different company’s offices.
- Perform regular verification of the accuracy of accounting transactions through internal control tools (bank reconciliation, invoice controls, analytical review, etc).
- Ensure that the accounting methods and the accounting system are efficiently and correctly implemented and used throughout the company’s offices.
- Manage, control and gather all the relevant information in order to keep accurate accounting records for the company.
- Maintain relevant accounting documentation in order to back up company financial statements in front of Tax Authorities, external/internal auditors and any other competent authority requiring information.
- Ensure the company fulfils all the tax requirements of the different offices.
- Be the lead interface with the external auditors during the yearly annual audit of the financial statements and coordinate and control all the information flows between the company and the external auditor
- Support the Head of Finance in the internal audit process, providing all relevant information and documentation related to the accounting area.
- Provide team leadership by managing the accounting area of work performed by accounting staff.
Finance management support
- Support the ACO’s overall finance function in all areas (accounting, budgets, reporting, tax, treasury, business cases, commercial finance, financial systems, etc) by providing financial information, analysis, planning, follow-up and reporting services as required.
Knowledge, Education, Skills
- University degree in Accounting or Finance
- Fluent French and English
- Proven knowledge of accounting software
- Accountability and pro-activity, takes ownership of issues to achieve results on time
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong financial and accounting skills
- Ability to work well in a multi-cultural multi-site team environment.
- 8 -10 years of experience in an international firm in the accounting or controlling area, OR
- 4 – 5 years of experience in an accounting department of a multinational firm combined with 4 – 5 experience in a multinational auditing firm.
- Experience in a similar position or controlling position in a multinational firm would be an asset.
Closing date : 19 October 2021.