Site Abt Associates
Abt Associates hiring Chief of Party.
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates is recruiting qualified candidates for positions in an upcoming USAID-funded opportunity in Senegal, Government to Government (G2G) Ops, which aims to provide technical assistance to USAID/Senegal and the Government of Senegal (GOS) on G2G-related tasks to improve the functionality and effectiveness of G2G components, particularly in the areas of Health, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Education, through the provision of high quality analytic, management, capacity building and logistic support services to the Health Office, Education Office, Economic Growth Office, Ministry of Health and Social Action, Ministry of Education, and Ministry of Water and Sanitation.
Under the supervision of the U.S.-based Portfolio Manager, the Chief of Party provides leadership, management, and strategic direction for the project, and is accountable for the successful implementation of all of its aspects. This position is responsible for guiding senior technical staff and for ensuring the responsiveness and quality or work along with efficient use of resources and achievement of results. The Chief of Party has the final authority within the project team in Senegal for decisions related to technical, management, resource allocation, and personnel issues.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Represents Abt Associates and the project to the USAID/Senegal Mission, the host country government, and other key stakeholders.
- Carries full authority and accountability for project decisions, as delegated by the U.S.-based Portfolio Manager.
- Sets and pursues a results-oriented program strategy in coordination with the project team and in consultation with USAID, other partners and stakeholders.
- Ensures that staff, team members and consultants understand their roles and responsibilities and comply with contract requirements, USAID and Abt policies and procedures.
- Oversees development and timely implementation of monitoring plans for all project activities and ensures that data required for USAID performance benchmarks and results frameworks are produced.
- Oversees the design and operation of management systems and operating procedures for the implementation of project activities.
- Lead, monitor and guide the teams/team leaders carrying out the work; assigns and delegates responsibilities as appropriate.
- Supervises institutional sub-agreements with assistance from the Abt Senior Management Team.
- Assumes responsibility for the technical quality of all project activities and products.
- Leads the project annual work planning, and ensures that quality operational plans, budgets, and reports are submitted as per contract agreements.
- Provides regular status and progress reports to USAID and Abt Associates.
- Coordinates with the Portfolio Manager and Contract Administrator to assure that all managerial and administrative matters are communicated and actions comply with the provisions of the contract and with USAID.
- Oversee the establishment and management of an effective M&E system for the project including the development of appropriate evaluation questions and selection of suitable design.
- Master’s Degree (minimum), or a Doctorate Degree (desirable) in Public Health, Medicine, Education, or other related field.
- More than ten years of relevant international health experience and at least five years managing complex, multi-sectoral projects in Education, Health and/or WASH sectors in Francophone West Africa, preferably in Senegal, with ample experience in project design and implementation, strategic planning and implementation, education reform, strengthening availability, accessibility and reliability of WASH services, and regulation and capacity building for service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with USAID, ministry officials, and other development partners.
- Experience developing and communicating a project vision, aligning key stakeholders around the vision, and assuring the vision is translated into an efficiently implemented program.
- Familiarity with US Government regulations (e.g., Federal Acquisition Regulations and the Foreign Assistance Act).
- Familiarity with the Senegal government regulations, especially in terms of public financial management
- Demonstrated strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership of large and diverse teams.
- Demonstrated leadership in management skills and ability to lead and motivate multidisciplinary, multicultural teams.
- Fluency in both French and English.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter career4.successfactors.com.