IBTCI hiring a Chief of Party – Senegal.
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
- Job Title: Senior MEL Specialist
- Department/Location: Dakar, Senegal
- Reports To: Chief of Party
- Type: Regular Full-Time
- Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position and is not eligible for overtime pay.
Overview: IBTCI is seeking Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist for a proposal for the five-year Senegal Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Platform. The purpose of this project is to establish a monitoring platform which will conduct performance assessments and evaluations, research, and CLA activities for the USAID Mission in Senegal.
This position is contingent on award and is open to third country nationals and Senegal nationals only.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the design, quality, development, and completion of baseline surveys, assessments, analytical reports, and evaluations, including field testing of the research protocols and instruments, developing participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks as needed.
- Oversee and participate in evaluations, assessments, and baseline surveys throughout the life of the contract and serve as the evaluation team leader of selected evaluations conducted under this contract.
- Recruit for and ensure that short-term technical experts and evaluation team members have are of high caliber, possess required technical expertise, and are informed of USAID standards and guidelines for MEL technical work.
- Oversee the review of Performance Management Plans (PMPs), support such technical work as reviewing reporting methods, carrying out training needs, designing tools, and advising USAID and Implementing Partners on their M&E systems, including field monitoring and DQAs.
- Provide raw data to USAID for tracking purposes.
- Monitor indicator data to identify any gender gaps (the extent to which females and males are participating in and benefiting from projects and activities).
- Assess the environmental impact of USAID activities during regular site visits.
- Analyze performance and context monitoring data to extrapolate relevant information and provide written and oral briefings to USAID to inform management and adapt interventions.
- Examine technical reports and deliverables to review performance data.
- Meet with implementing partner staff and other stakeholders to discuss data collection methods.
- Prepare written and oral reports on DQA findings and provide recommendations on how to address deficiencies identified.
- Work with implementing partners to develop actions plans that address the report recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least eight (8) years’ experience working in monitoring & evaluation in developing countries, with a focus on health and/or agriculture.
- Three-years previous experience on a USAID-funded awards.
- Demonstrated experience in indicator development, data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, and/or performance monitoring and reporting.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Demonstrated experience in providing guidance to technical teams in developing and updating PMPs, as well as creating and managing PMPs.
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging performance monitoring data for improving ongoing project management.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing performance and impact evaluations of development interventions.
- Experience in designing and field-testing surveys and other data collection instruments.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills.
- Familiarity with USAID policies related to evaluation and performance management.
- Strong written and oral communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Oral and written fluency in English and French required.
Education: A Master degree and/or a Ph.D. in relevant subject areas, including, but not limited to, economics, statistics, public administration/policy, sociology, anthropology or a related field.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Project or program management, with remote management experience a plus.
- Development and oversight of monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems for clients preferred.
- Prior experience working in Senegal preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel in and around Senegal is essential. An average of 25%-35% travel for project implementation and/or project management duties. Percentages may vary depending on IBTCI business needs. Regional travel may be necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.
Closing on 28 May 2020
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter www.devex.com.