Site Eco Afrique
Eco Afrique is hiring a Chief Operations Officer.
As COO West Africa, you will be responsible for leading our global power generation company into the future. Your mission is to maintain control of diverse business operations of the West Africa while relying on our established foundation of continuous improvement. You will oversee the everyday operations and functions of the Company’s Operating Businesses (Senegal, Togo, Nigeria).
- Ensuring power plant operates and is maintained in accordance with O&M manuals and Company standards ;
- Power plant dispatching and notification for exporting of electrical energy ;
- Business and operational decision making ;
- Technical reviews ;
- Producing annual and 5 yearly operating and maintenance plans ;
- Environmental management and compliance with Company policy ;
- Client and third-party relationships including government and local companies ;
- Achieving target gross margin, EBITDA and profitability targets ;
- Ensuring policies and procedures are developed and maintained in accordance with Company Policy ;
- Ensuring there is an effective site Health and Safety policy in place meeting legal and corporate standards and ensuring it is implemented rigorously ;
- Ensuring procurement of power plant spare parts, equipment and furnishings are completed in accordance with the initial power plant operations and in accordance to the budget ;
- Implementing the power plant’s Training program; this includes managing training in accordance with
- Contractor and other third-party obligations including all health and safety requirements ;
- Implementing other policies, procedures and plans required for the power plant to ensure safe and reliable operations, including setting minimum standards as prescribed by the Company’s director of health and safety ;
- Developing a strong team spirit within the team and ensuring they are fully aligned with the business objectives ;
- Motivating, setting key objectives and driving for success ;
- Setting and delivering training plans and building the teams overall operational expertise ;
- Having an effective succession plan in place ;
- Implementing company policies and procedures ;
- Managing conflicts and in line with Company policies.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant industry power development experience. It is strongly preferred that at least 5 of those years involve working on projects in an international location within Africa or Europe ;
- Thorough knowledge in Electricity producing and distributing ;
- Commercial acumen and experience regarding how to the financial return of the project including the ability to manage contracts effectively and to compile and manage budgets and operating costs ;
- You are able to work collaboratively and effectively with different functions;
- Flexible and open-minded personality and “Hands-on” work mentality;
- Well organized and hardworking, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure;
- Great team player with excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
- A proven leader, disrupter, and communicator. You are comfortable in the control room and the board room.
- You listen well and don’t pretend to have all the answers. You speak French and English – with excellent spoken and written English and a working knowledge in French;
- Self-driven. You are strategic and demonstrate initiative beyond COO and lead cross-functional teams. You believe in learning from your mistakes and understand that a values-driven work environment matters ;
- A change agent. You utilize technology to challenge and/or disrupt entrenched principles of organizational structure and processes;
- Experienced, you can drive thermal businesses and have successfully managed geographically dispersed teams;
- An analytical and critical thinker. You don’t accept the status quo but challenge the underlying assumptions.
- You like data and aren’t afraid to use it. You understand the importance of targets and KPIs but also the concept of garbage in/garbage out.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org