Site DP World
DP World hiring Commercial Director.
- Establish and manage the Commercial department at DP World Dakar and maintain a highly motivated Commercial team.
- Ensure DP World Dakar meets and exceeds its targets to handle container, bulk and liquid cargo.
- Prepare short, medium, and long-term commercial plans for the terminal in consultation with DP World MEA Region.
- Attract new customers/volumes, containerize new cargoes, increase Mali market share, and develop Dakar as a hub for Guinea Bissau cargo. Develop project and breakbulk cargo business.
- Establish a strong commercial presence in Mali and ensure DP World Dakar Dakar emerges as the primary gateway for Ethiopia for containers, container, break bulk and project cargo.
- Develop strong relationships with shipping lines, BCO, transporters, agents, freight forwarders in Senegal, Mali, Bissau and beyond to ensure DP World Dakar emerges as “port of choice” in these markets
- Establish full end-to-end logistics solutions for various cargo types moving from and to Mail and Guinea Bissau.
- Build strong relationships with Customs and all other relevant Governments authorities in Senegal, Mali and Guinea Bissau and Somaliland to facilitate easy movement of cargo through DP World Dakar.
- Promote DP World Dakar as a Gateway in all media platforms reaching all relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for negotiating and concluding all customer contracts and finalising the tariff policy at DP World Dakar.
- Develop a strong commercial team in DP World Dakar to effectively cover the markets of Senegal, Mali & Guinea Bissau.
- Prepare the annual revenue budget based on customer forecast and market studies.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining an effective customer service section in DP World Dakar and utilizing all functions of the CRM software.
- Deal with other departments e.g., Operations, Finance etc. to ensure Customers needs and requirements are addressed in timely and effective manne
- Develop, operate, and maintain commercial systems and procedures that will meet the needs of the organisation including monthly reporting
- Education Level: Bachelor’s or Post Graduate degree
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in shipping and logistics sectors with good understanding of Clearing/Forwarding, Agency, Shipping Line, Intermodal (Commercial, Sales & Business development, Operations)
- Experience of working/dealing with consignee/shipper, shipping/container lines, customs, trucking companies, intermodal suppliers & distribution centres.
- Sound understanding of clearing/forwarding processes, liner trade and supply chain management
- Decision making and analytical ability
Skills & Qualities :
- Result oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to deal with complexity and find practical solutions to deal with complexity
- Able to work independently
- Capability to interpret business needs and set up business processes to handle these needs
- Proactive and a self-starter