- Title: Communication Associate
- Position #: NR-00222
- Location: Dakar, Senegal
- Type: Local
AKADEMIYA2063 (A2063) was established to continue and expand the portfolio of policy research and capacity- strengthening support for implementing the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Program (CAADP). AKADEMIYA2063 overall mission is to provide data, policy analysis, and capacity-strengthening support that enables African Union member states to achieve inclusive and sustainable development and economic prosperity. AKADEMIYA2063’s programs portfolio consists of The Regional Strategic Analysis and Knowledge Support Systems (ReSAKSS), the African Growth and Development Policy (AGRODEP) Modeling Consortium, and the Malabo Montpellier Panel (MaMo Panel).
The mandate of the Department of Communication & Outreach (DCO) is to increase the external footprint and visibility of AKADEMIYA2063 by maximizing the dissemination, coverage, and impact of our research outputs, and by promoting our programs, initiatives, events and activities among policy makers, donors, the media, and the general public. AKADEMIYA2063 seeks a Receptionist/Communications Associate who will provide direct administrative and communications support to the department/organization, notably in the daily operations of the reception desk, and assist in the implementation of the organization’s communications strategy. Interested applicants must already have the proper authorization to work in Senegal.
Duties & responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate party.
- Operate the phone system and office skype account, transfer calls to the appropriate individuals.
- Manage lobby screens and monitor the office general mailbox.
- Receive, save, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence as needed; receives and re-directs incoming organizational faxes.
- Produce a weekly news roundup of topics related to AKADEMIYA2063 work for the intranet.
- Maintain office distribution /phone/address lists/databases.
- Manage the local intranet and maintain the electronic office calendar to coordinate workflow.
- Setting up meeting rooms (ensuring display of communications materials (banners, collateral)) and documenting proceeds for reporting.
- Provide backup with the promotion/updating of web content through social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, SlideShare, e-newsletters, and blogs posted to other sites.
- Support content development.
- Draft the internal newsletter.
- Assist in the organization of webinars, seminars, workshops, and other meetings as needed.
- Provide communications-related support, including but not limited to typing documents, updating databases, emailing partners, faxing documents, etc.
- Any other duties as assigned or required.
Education & training
- Bachelor’s degree with two years of relevant experience.
Skills, knowledge, experience and abilities
- Strong command of English and French.
- Eloquent, with an ability to interact comfortably with visitors of varied cultures and languages.
- Excellent judgment in handling visitors and calls – identifying customer’s needs and determining best solution in an effective and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated experience in task planning and organization and multi-tasking; experience in researching information.
- Demonstrated good time management skills; ability to work under pressure.
- Proven knowledge of current web/intranet technologies, and online communication trends and best practices.
- Demonstrated outgoing, proactive style with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Service-oriented personality.
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application: CV and cover letter in English, by January 17, 2022, to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include the position title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for AKADEMIYA2063. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the available position. AKADEMIYA2063 reserves the right to change, revise, omit, and add in part / in whole this document
AKADEMIYA2063 is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
To find out more about AKADEMIYA2063 visit our website at https://akademiya2063.org/