Site World Food Program
The WFP is hiring a Communications and Knowledge Management Officer.
Duration: 6 months
Under the supervision of the Country Director, and in line with the Country Strategic Plan, the incumbent will support the Country office with the design of a communication, advocacy and knowledge management plan, based on high level advocacy elements collected after internal consultations. He/she will provide communications advice and guidance, produce communications tools and products for distribution to prioritized audience and manage knowledge resources for improved internal and external use.
- Coordinate the development of a communications plan to support the Senegal Country office advocacy and fundraising for its ongoing Country Strategic Plan.
- Develop country specific communication tools designed to maintain and enhance the visibility and reputation of WFP in Senegal, as well as support fundraising activities, ensuring alignment with overall communications and WFP strategies, including but not limited to factsheets, , booklets, visibility and items such as beneficiary cards, banners, etc.
- Review existing material, design and produce a communication package including key documentation, props and templates for brand building, awareness-raising, advocacy, thought leadership and resource mobilization efforts targeting external audiences (government, communities, donors, other UN agencies, NGOs, etc.).
- Generate and/or facilitate the production of donor specific visibility content including, texts, photos, videos and audio for use across a range of integrated platforms, as well as organize events to support country fundraising activities.
- Collaborate with the team in Senegal (main office and 3 sub-offices) to disseminate successes and innovation, gaps and constraints to the implementation of activities through appropriate platforms.
- Undertake field visits as appropriate, to document implementation of project activities through a communications lens.
- Liaise with programme and communication units to obtain necessary resources and support to implement KM activities.
- Document good practice and lessons learned from independent, impartial evaluations and other credible sources of quality evidence.
- Strengthen the culture of systematically capturing, codifying and including lessons in policies and guidance and applying past lessons to new challenges.
- Strengthen the connection among experts by providing opportunities to share previous lessons learned and experiences, including with external partners, in order to innovate, create and validate new approaches.
- Broaden the knowledge base of WFP staff by strengthening the explicit knowledge available to all staff, which is extremely important to support new hires to get on board.
- Undertake other activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Deliverables at the end of the contract
- A set of communication materials, briefing notes, visibility items, infographics is developed and regularly updated to raise awareness on WFP activities in Senegal.
- A communication and KM editorial calendar are developed and fed with relevant content.
- A donor visibility plan is developed and implemented.
- A communication monitoring and evaluation system is developed and implemented.
Qualifications & experience required
- Relevant university degree (media, journalism, communications, international relations, human rights and/or humanitarian law degree)
At least five years of relevant experience in communications, media relations, information management, journalism in an international organization UN agency or Communication agency.
Knowledge & Skills
Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with communication tools, video editing, infographics, communication and KM monitoring tools, etc. Knowledge and application of multimedia production software (Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, After effects or equivalent).
Proficiency in English and French.
Closing date : 9 December 2021.