Site Epic Africa
EPIC-Africa is hiring a Communications Manager.
EPIC-Africa is a Senegal-based, pan-African organization that seeks to strengthen the ecosystem for philanthropy in Africa. EPIC-Africa is developing new approaches to help build a robust and resilient civil society sector. The organization’s creative use of data and technology offers African CSOs a unique platform to demonstrate transparency, reinforce legitimacy and build credibility. EPIC-Africa’s services and tools create opportunities for CSOs and their funders to share knowledge, build capacity and scale impact. We help to propel African civil society organizations to higher standards of performance, accountability, and transparency while inspiring greater local legitimacy and support.
EPIC-Africa is looking for a self-motivated and talented Communications Manager to lead our communications function. In this position, you will be in charge of producing high-quality content that engages our audiences, primarily African civil society organizations, funders, and other stakeholders in the African philanthropic ecosystem and builds EPIC-Africa’s brand recognition. Your main duties shall include creating informative content on our social media channels, newsletters, and blogs, and campaigns launched by the EPIC-Africa. Your duties shall also include representing EPICAfrica in select events, creating media opportunities to share EPIC-Africa’s work, and assisting in writing and/or reviewing various reports.
The ideal candidate should be an excellent communicator, with outstanding presentation skills, well organized, flexible, and passionate about the mission / vision of EPIC-Africa
- Develop communication channels and materials for Epic Africa.
- Manage and create content on the organization website and social media accounts as well as posting regularly on each account.
- Assist with drafting project reports, concept notes and terms of references.
- Produce all email campaigns, soliciting content from internal sources, and manage review, testing, and sending.
- Develop and execute social media campaigns for key days, themes, and priority upcoming content.
- Manage social ad campaigns and other promotions; track and share results for continuous improvement to targeting and segments.
- Contribute to overall digital content strategy and inform calendar of upcoming topics, news and milestones, and external opportunities to guide content planning.
- Coordinate and support communications projects, outreach, and products as needed
- Maintain internal calendar and assist Executive Coordinator with internal communications.
- Attend events and do market research to guide content provided by EPIC-Africa.
- Integrity: You always choose to make the right decision versus the easy decision. You know what information is sensitive, and you will protect it accordingly. You take your reputation very seriously.
- Excellent judgment: You have the rare combination of being able to make quick decisions with your gut and measured decisions with your head. You can pull on your strong analytical abilities or your instincts at the right times to make the right judgment call.
- Positive attitude: Willingness to take on “lower-level” and “higher level” work based on what needs to be done.
- Ownership: Constantly seek opportunities to optimize processes and improve efficiency.
- Communicative and comfortable working with and through a range of different people and build relationships quickly.
- Resilient and flexible: Seek out direct feedback and see every challenge as opportunity to grow.
- Thoughtful and intentional: Always think steps ahead. Before asking questions, you prepare your own answers, always be propositional even if they are just first draft thoughts.
- Resourceful and practical: Able to take different kinds of input, quickly and effectively sort out action plans.
- Effective communicator: Active listener able to pick up subtle cues that others may miss. Effective in spoken and written communication.
- Maturity: Good judgement and ability to handle stressful situations with grace.
- Detail oriented: Meticulous writing, copy and formatting
- Big picture thinker: Despite all the details that you manage, constantly aware of the big picture to help inform your thinking and prioritization.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Experience publishing content on WordPress, Squarespace, or other CMS.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of best practices for writing and publishing on different platforms
- Must be a strong communicator, have excellent written, presentation, oral communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker with good judgment and ability to make independent
- decisions in a changing environment.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage time, deliverables and meet deadlines.
- Software Skills Desired – WordPress; Squarespace; Constant Contact or similar email service provider;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Publisher.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, or a related field.
- Bilingual French and English
- Ability to work independently (and possibly remotely)
- 2-3 years of work experience in a communication management role in the philanthropic or development sector.
How to Apply
Epic Africa is an equal opportunity employer, considers / promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
If you clearly demonstrate the abilities above, please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than September 30, 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. For more information on our organization visit https://www.epic-africa.org
Closing date : September 30, 2021.