Site DRC (Danish Refugee Council)
Danish Refugee Council is hiring Regional Head of Support Services, West Africa.
Geographic scope: Regional (West Africa)
This role has a regional focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the whole regional area. The role contributes to the development of regional strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing activities with regional scope.
Overall purpose of the role
- Operationally and strategically responsible for Human Resources, Logistics, Finance, Procurement, Administration and/or IT
- Oversees, develops and provides strategic direction to his/her support areas
Your main responsibilities at DRC (Danish Refugee Council)
- Lead and manage the regional support coordinators: Regional HR and regional log and procurement (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
- Manage, deliver and report on current operations programme support in geographic scope
- Establish high performing support teams ensuring high-quality approaches are maintained
- Develop and improve operational approaches, compliance and systems, and support the Regional Director to build and deliver effective and sustainable interventions.
- Responsible for the strategic development, management and implementation of the support operations
- Ensure appropriate technical support is available to programs, in line with organizational priorities
- Ensure support for annual planning and review processes
- Direct responsibility for ensuring that the DRC Programme operates in accordance with DRC’s support function guidelines
- Support the Regional Director and the Senior Management Team in liaising with donors and authorities, especially as relates to issues of compliance, registration, and audit
- Oversee the operational support units for the region by providing strategic leadership and technical support to the areas under his/her supervision
- Supervision, audits and controlling and implementation of corrective actions related to DRC’s operational standards within support area.
- Ensure that DRC retains and continually develops its operational capacity to provide rapid emergency response in particular within its procurement and transport systems
- Ensure that all countries in the region develop a risk management plan for the country that identifies the major financial and operational risks and implement a mitigation strategy
- Contribute to the development and implementation of DRC’s global development initiatives
- Ensure that all administrative and legal-related systems are accurate and maintained
- Work to build the capacity of the operational support staff throughout the operation though frequent in-service training sessions and mentoring support
DRC Dynamics ERP System
- Ensure ERP functionality is properly used by relevant staff
- Apply reports and data analytics from DRC Dynamics to improve overall performance
- Act as heavy user for most of the Projects & Finance functionalities
Required experience and competencies of the Regional Head of Support Services
- At least 7 years’ experience in relevant field
- At least 4 years’ experience with people management
- Experience in a similar role in an international NGO
- Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management
- Proven operational management experience and capability, including in conflict areas
- Understanding and experience of institutional fundraising
- Proven significant financial, information and systems management experience
- Significant experience in procurement and tender processes
- Understanding of the countries in which DRC operates and sensitive to the cultural context
- Experience working in an ERP system, including supply chain, finance and HR systems
- Full professional proficiency in English and French
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment
Master’s degree in political science, international development, economics or another relevant field
- Contract length: 24 months
- Level: M.E
- Designation of Duty Station: accompanied position and large family package
- Start date: November/December 2019
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than two pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 30/09/2019
Pour postuler à ce poste, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant candidate.hr-manager.net.
Très important : Méfiez vous des arnaques ! Vous ne devez payer, en aucun cas, des sommes d'argent aux recruteurs utilisant la plateforme EmploiDakar.com
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.