Wave hiring Data Engineer.
As Wave grows, we’re relying increasingly heavily on our data warehouse—from business analytics to predictive modelling to accounting to embedded analytics—but it’s becoming difficult to operate and confusing to navigate. As our first full-time Data Engineer, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that our data is fresh, correct, and easy to use, so that teams throughout the company can build on top of it.
More specifically, you will:
- Design, build and maintain data infrastructure to support all data-related work at Wave across different teams (with a focus on analytics)
- Individual contributor on data team
- Reports to Head of Data
- 3+ years in data engineering, or 5+ years backend/reliability engineering that touches on data infrastructure
- Substantive work experience with a data warehouse, and some way to get data into the warehouse (e.g. Snowflake + Fivetran, or similar)
- Design, maintain, monitor and improve our data pipeline from our live database into the data warehouse and materialized views.
- Carefully select tradeoffs of reliability, liveness and operational costs
- Be on-call for data related emergencies
- Design, build and maintain data-related internal tools
- You can work remotely from anywhere (between UTC -5 and +4) with reliable Internet access.
- Every two to four months, you’ll travel to Africa for a one-week retreat with the rest of Wave’s remote team. (Wave covers all costs.)
- This role involves participating in an on-call rotation.
- Our salaries are competitive and are calculated using a transparent formula. For this role, depending on your level of experience and location, we offer a salary range of 118,600-172,900 USD (or local equivalent), plus equity targeted to be worth 4-6x your annual salary.
- Major benefits:
- Subsidized health insurance for you and your dependents and retirement contributions (both vary from country-to-country)
- 6 months fully paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistance
- Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirement
- $10,000 annual charitable donation matching