Site Abt Associates
Abt Associates hiring Deputy Chief of Party.
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded project based in Senegal, Government to Government (G2G) Ops, which aims to provide technical assistance to USAID/Senegal and the Government of Senegal (GOS) on G2G-related tasks to improve the functionality and effectiveness of G2G components, particularly in the areas of Health, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Education, through the provision of high quality analytic, management, capacity building and logistic support services to the Health Office, Education Office, Economic Growth Office, Ministry of Health and Social Action, Ministry of Education, and Ministry of Water and Sanitation.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Deputy Chief of Party supports the technical management and development and execution of the project’s strategic direction, oversees the implementation of project’s key technical aspects, guides other senior technical staff and ensures the responsiveness and quality of the work along with efficient use of resources and achievement of results.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide managerial and technical support to the Chief of Party, assisting in areas including work planning, performance management, and strategic communications;
- Represent Abt Associates and the project to the USAID/Senegal Mission, the host country government, local partners and other key stakeholders; serve as delegate for Chief of Party as needed;
- Supervise technical advisors and support project senior management team, in coordination with Chief of Party;
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and subcontractors;
- Support and provide quality assurance to the development and timely implementation of technical activities and ensure high-quality, timely deliverables and data required for USAID performance benchmarks and results frameworks are produced;
- Supervise the project’s administrative team to ensure smooth project operations, timely implementation, and effective communication with the client and home office;
- Support Chief of Party in the project annual work planning process, and ensure that quality operational plans, budgets, and reports are submitted as per contract agreements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree (minimum), or a Doctorate Degree (desirable) in Public Health, Medicine, Education or other related field.
- More than eight years of relevant international health experience and at least three years managing complex, multi-sectoral projects in Education, Health and/or WASH sectors in Francophone West Africa, preferably in Senegal, with ample experience in project design and implementation, strategic planning and implementation, education reform, strengthening availability, accessibility and reliability of WASH services, and regulation and capacity building for service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with USAID, ministry officials, government officials at the national and subnational level, and other development partners.
- Familiarity with US Government regulations (e.g., Federal Acquisition Regulations and the Foreign Assistance Act).
- Familiarity with the Senegal government regulations, especially in terms of public financial management
- Demonstrated strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Proven success in supervisory role managing medium- to large teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate multidisciplinary, multicultural teams.
- Fluency in French and professional proficiency in English.
- (8+) years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter career4.successfactors.com.