Site IntraHealth International, Inc
IntraHealth seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an upcoming Senegal Integrated District Health Activity tender. The goal of Senegal Integrated District Health Activity is to improve health status and human capital in Senegal by strengthening systems at the district level, increasing access and quality of services and increasing participation among communities and other stakeholders.
The DCOP provides technical leadership to assure clinical excellence and innovative approaches to building and managing highly skilled and functioning public and private health workers ready to offer quality integrated RMNCH, FP/RH, malaria and nutrition services in Senegal. The DCOP supports the Chief of Party (COP) in providing technical leadership in the development, management and project implementation that leads to desired project results. In the absence of the COP, the DCOP will assume overall responsibility for the project. The DCOP will take the lead in coordinating program development, implementation, and reporting, and will work very closely with the Technical Leads overseeing the project’s major components, and other program staff to ensure results and synergy in the development and implementation of the project.
- Provides technical leadership and oversees the strategy and implementation of all components of the program.
- Supervises Technical Leads and facilitate achievement of their program objectives and targets with technical backstopping and support.
- Initiates and facilitates regular technical meetings to review program implementation and identify measures to overcome bottlenecks and enhance the quality of deliverables.
- Accounts to the COP on the delivery of strategic program objectives, with regular reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Ensures daily operations of overall program implementation, including that activities are on schedule and that reports, new plans and budgets are prepared with sufficient lead time to get the necessary approvals.
- Works with the COP to provide technical and administrative support in all aspects of the project and carries out any duties that may be assigned by the COP.
- Leads documentation and sharing of knowledge and emerging best practices from the program internally within IntraHealth and externally with the wider stakeholder audience.
- Oversees and represents the project in the absence of the COP.
- Master’s degree in international health, social sciences, or related discipline and at least 8 years relevant professional experience; medical or clinical background preferred.
- Significant experience and expertise in in at least one of the following areas: Health Systems Strengthening, Integrated Health Services (MNCH, Malaria, FP/RH and Nutrition), Quality Improvement, Community Engagement and Social Behavior Change.
- Preferred experience with USAID-funded projects
- Significant knowledge and experience working with the Ministry of Health in Senegal.
- Proven ability to direct and manage a team and to work with partners, USAID, and headquarters staff
- Demonstrated experience overseeing development of activity budgets, managing activity costs, and monitoring program spending against budget in an accurate and timely manner
- Demonstrated diplomatic and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a complex and changing environment with all levels of stakeholders
- Proven customer service (client-focused) management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English
- Computer literacy in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Willingness to travel 25% within the country and internationally on occasion
Closing on 9 October 2020
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter www.devex.com.