Site International Organization for Migration
The International Organization for Migration hiring Digital Media Consultant.
Closing Date: 24 February 2021
To improve migrant protection, voluntary return and reintegration along the Central Mediterranean route in Africa, the European Union (EU), through the Emergency Trust Fund for Africa (EUTF), launched with the UN Migration Agency (IOM) in 2016 the Joint Initiative for Migrant Protection and Reintegration.
The Joint Initiative was launched to strengthen migration governance and respond to the urgent need to protect and save the lives of migrants along the Central Mediterranean migration route.
Implemented in 13 countries in West and Central Africa (Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, and The Gambia), the Joint Initiative aims to protect migrants’ dignity and rights along the migration routes and support their reintegration process through an innovative approach.
The actions through which the EU-IOM Joint Initiative for Migrant Protection and Reintegration is implemented are carried out at the national level by each IOM Country Office based on an approach that is harmonized and coordinated at the regional level by the Regional Office for West and Central Africa, to ensure that all activities are conducted through consistent methodologies and standards and that resources are optimized.
In this context, the Regional Office of the International Organization for Migration (IOM) in Dakar, Senegal is recruiting a Digital Media consultant.
Under the supervision of the Regional Media and Communication Officer, the Digital Media consultant will be responsible for the development, production and dissemination of content for the Regional Office’s digital platforms.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Develop a plan to revamp both RO and Joint initiative website, including coordinating with units and projects to develop the content and liaising with HQ
- Troubleshoot and liaise with OCU to keep the RO and the Joint initiative website maintained and functional.
- Support the regional media and communication unit in the publication of contents (Press Briefing Notes, Articles, stories, publications…)
- Cross disseminate relevant content on other corporate digital platforms
- Contribute to the development and monitor the implementation of the digital engagement strategy for the IOM – EU Joint Initiative for Migrants Protection and Reintegration.
- Focus on the creation and dissemination of digital content across targeted social media channels.
- Provide technical support in producing digital content including the coordination with country focal points and other project staff to source or produce high quality content
- Utilize and encourage innovative and sustainable outreach to increase interaction with target audience, via SEO, meta tags, Google analytics and AdWords accounts.
- Generate traffic and assist in strengthening substantive and meaningful digital engagement through strategic messaging, audio-visual content development programs as well as generating engagement and conversations via social media.
- Create visual storytelling packages which showcase the project and its activities and initiatives.
- Action Plan for the Joint Initiative and RO websites improvement.
- Action plan for content development for reporting migration website
- At least 3 Publication par day on each social media channel
- Publication of content submitted by country and regional projects on RO Dakar, Joint Initiative and Reporting Migrant websites
- Produce monthly Newsletter on Joint Initiative activities
- Produce quarterly Newsletter on RO Dakar activities and initiatives
- Create and maintain the Regional YouTube channel with thematic playlist
- 2 Develop digital packages on Protection and Reintegration
- Collect and Organize RO Photo library on Flikr and SharePoint
- Develop and disseminate at least 2 photo stories through corporate channels
- Liaise with vendors to produce multimedia contents
- Respect of deadlines**
- Number of social media posts**
- Number of new followers, engagements, views, reach on social media and websites**
- Number of contents produced for the regional websites**
- Number of compelling digital content produced and disseminate**
- Proactivity and innovation in social media management**
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Digital Communications, Digital Marketing, Web Development,
- At least 5 years of Experience in managing digital media and digital content
- Demonstrated expertise in using Drupal, Canva, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, MailChimp, Medium, Storyteller, Agora Pulse etc…
· Demonstrated proficiency managing Social Media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Flikr)
- Extensive experience in media and communications tools with an emphasis on digital media
- Experience on working on user experience and human centered projects;
- Excellent grasp of the evolving media environment, including new media, as
- well as the political, cultural and economic impact of the changing landscape on non-profit campaigns;
- Knowledge in content editing platforms including Adobe Suite, primary Adobe After Effects,
- Adobe Premiere, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Audition, as well as Final Cut Pro, among other multimedia editing software.
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
For this consultancy, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge in French is an advantage.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com indicating ‘DM Consultant’ on the subject line, by 24 February 2021.
IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for the application as well as a detailed resume/CV.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org