International Rescue Committee
International Rescue Committee hiring Deputy Director, International Program & Emergency Recruiting.
As IRC’s Talent Acquisition team continues to evolve and grow with the organization, this supports our need to further our efforts to attract top talent in the INGO sector and to guide our recruiting efforts to meet our Strategy100 goals. The effort to support the organization in its efforts around the world to serve our clients as effectively as possible are fueled by its people and our desire is to attract the best. The need to interconnect our recruiting efforts and ensure that all IRC recruiters can use all tools and systems available to them while feeling supported and enabled to build our programs is essential to our success. This role leads our team of regional and emergency recruiters and is part of the global team that also runs US, technical, and operational function hiring for IRC.
Leadership and Planning:
- Ensure alignment of CRRD Recruiting team objectives and deliverables with the overall HR and Global Recruiting team objectives.
- Lead the CRRD recruiters and recruiting support to guide professional development, address exceptional candidate cases, support them in overcoming any obstacles to progress, and make sure processes are clear and consistent
- Lead, plan, and implement initiatives toward the realization of Strategy100 as it pertains to CRRD recruitment efforts, including the employee engagement outcomes within the team
- Work with project teams focused on location strategy and compensation structure on behalf of the Global Recruiting Team broadly
- Lead the implementation of the department projects and team goals
- In collaboration with CRRD leadership, develop and deliver strategies and tools to help meet their key talent objectives around talent pipelines for key roles and achieving DEI objectives
- Serve as key contact for HRIS in developing and training on recruiting tools; work with regional recruiters to serve same role to in-country recruiters
- Partner with the Associate Director of Operational and Technical recruiting to properly support any cross over requisitions
- Partner with other Associate Directors and the Senior Director on recruiting team to continually drive innovative improvements for the function and to steer strategy of function with a diverse set of perspectives considered
- Lead, mentor, and coach the CRRD Recruiting team (~15 FTE), providing support for individual and team growth and development
- Create and maintain multiple channels and networks within IRC to build a deep, diverse understanding of the local contexts and to maintain compliance with local recruitment practices and legal requirements
- Be intentional in identifying and developing required technical on-the-job skills in the recruiting team
- Extend partnership to other HR colleagues supporting recruiting processes in country programs
- Encourage all recruiters and hiring teams to have diversity considerations as a part of every hiring process
- Work with Diversity, Learning & Development, and Wellbeing teams to adapt and implement appropriate efforts & tools for CRRD recruiting
- Partner with other Associate Directors and the Senior Director on the recruiting team to lead the group in a collaborative and cohesive way
- Act as full lifecycle recruiter on select senior level CRRD roles
- Apply recruitment tools appropriately and efficiently to ensure consistent, timely, and accurate data entry and management.
- Be consciously investigating and willing to pilot new sourcing and assessment techniques to increase effectiveness and efficiency in our recruiting, and work closely with the sourcing team
- Negotiate offer of employment with selected candidates within current IRC practices; support recruiters in raising exceptional cases for discussion with relevant HR colleagues
Partner Management and Customer Service:
- Coordinate with country programs to establish relationship between global team and national HR/recruiting teams
- Help support diversity recruiting efforts in regions through regional recruiters
- Develop, build relationships and advocate with regional HR partners and regional program leadership (RVPs, DRDs, CDs, etc) to build a robust workforce planning strategy
- Keep Recruiting team leadership updated on possible staffing needs and upcoming projects and emergency responses
- Maintain strong talent pipelines based on hiring needs, with particular focus on standard roles and diversity targets
- 5+ years’ experience in recruitment of leadership, managerial and professional technical positions in different countries and cultures, preferably in both the INGO and private sector
- Previous executive recruitment experience, preferably in Africa or the Middle East
- Direct previous proposal recruitment experience in the NGO sector is a plus
- Demonstrable experience as a recruiting leader and people manager, using sourcing and assessment tools required
- Knowledge of common HR policies and the use of problem-solving skills in a multi-country, cross-cultural environment
- Understanding of compensation vehicles and total rewards in a multi country context is required
- 10+ years’ experience in full-cycle recruiting, sourcing, and employment branding, much of it within a multinational context
- Proven, extensive use of creative internet sourcing, sourcing tools and networking skills to connect with talent in different professions
- Ability to prioritize effectively and manage a team of 10-15 plus multiple projects in a fast-paced and constantly evolving multinational organization
- Ability to operate effectively within a geographically dispersed organization and lead a virtual team
- Extensive customer service experience serving or supporting an international or global workforce
- A deep understanding and passion for recruitment, aware of the latest trends, tools, and global talent market
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, use of ATS and CRM tools
- Extensive experience in a variety of assessment techniques and methodologies
- A self-starter who is driven to find the best candidates for positions and who can work in an environment with minimal supervision
- A proven team player and collaborator who can effectively network amongst all work levels both within, and outside, of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation communication skills – written and oral
- Confident in partnering with organizational leaders, hiring managers, and other stakeholders
- Fluency is French, Arabic, and/or Spanish, in addition to English is strongly preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Pour postuler à cette offre, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant : rescue.csod.com.
Voir toutes les offres d'emploi